Help a friend return a laptop that's out of warranty.

stuart.g
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4857 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Took the laptop with receipt and the Filipino owner into the store...here's what happened.

Approached the Till"s and placed laptop onto counter was asked what i wanted so started too explain my friends laptop was bought 01/10 and couple of days ago it suddenly shut down without warning.

Was then told by a sarcastic twit..""well what do you want ME too do about it...its out of warranty""..Ive then said please don't give me that bull about its not your problem..the sales of goods act as we both know clearly states the consumer takes goods back too retailer...think it will save time too speak too the manager.

He then say ""Ha well I AM THE MANAGER and im REFUSING too discuss this with you as its not YOUR laptop""

Ive explained the chap"s English isn't very good as he is Filipino and doesn't understand our laws and contracts...he has asked for me too talk on his behalf and i will explain too him what has been said and let him decide what he wants too do"".

Manager has said no i wont speak too you and too leave the store...Ive told the manager that he was racist (Knowing someone cant understand what is being said too him as he is a different race and English isn't his first language and will not fully understand what is being said too him) too which he replied (the bloke is big time sarcastic) he was half Pakistani..half something else and half something else so he couldn't be racist (Oh yes you can pal).

So ive waited outside and as customers filter out im getting odd looks...finally mate comes out 30 mins later.

They have took the laptop...what follows isn't clear as he isnt sure (hence the whole bloody reason me going with him)....they have given him a sheet of paper too say they have took it,comments are ""scratches and general wear"" (bull**** its mint condition...filipino"s tend too be very careful with there goods)...they didn't give him his hard drive,they didn't make a note of how much ram is installed...i would have made clear this needed documenting just in case anything is missing on its return.

He isn't sure but he thinks there gonna look at it and check if its inherent fault or his fault and will only charge him £35 instead of £70.

Ive told him he shouldn't have let them take it but this is obviously EXCATLY what the manager wanted.

Ive got the MD email thanks too Ricky...and i will be writing a very strongly worded letter stating how disgusted i am at how this Filipino has been treated as is he and doesn't know why they have took his laptop.

Question...LEGALY can the manager STOP me acting on behalf of the Filipino if they have instructed me too do so.

I dont believe they can but want too make sure in black and white before writing letter.

Im actually tempted too contact the local cops and ask them the legal definition of racism...gaining an advantage over another due too there race ?

(Yes im seriously ****ed off).

Nationwide..Prelim letter sent...29/06/06 (£1969.43)

thread moved

dx

siteteam

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...