Linked Addresses

paulito
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4862 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, Have asked for advice here a few weeks ago and arranged to go on electoral role, get credit references etc. Having now received my credit report there is one entry i would like clarification on please.

Under the heading ´linked addresses´ there is an entry from Capital One (whom I had a credit card with) dated 06/04/2003 - I do not have any accounts with Captial One anymore and honestly cant remember if I left an outstanding amount with them when I moved to Spain in 2003. Question - does this linked address have any adverse affect on my credit and secondly, I did have defaults at this address back in 2002-03 therefore can any other company use this against me

Thanks for help again - great website

As I see it, so long as there are no defaults listed to your previous address then the linking makes no difference.

On my credit report, it lists my addresses going back 9 years but my file is clean

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

There were defaults attached to the previous address (ie one of the linked addresses) but nothing else detrimental is showing on my credit file today. All previous defaults were from before 2003 so over 6 years old, so presumably statue barred. So I guess while this is listed as a linked address anybody doing credit search could look at history on this old address?? can it be taken off my credit file or there indefinitely? Thanks again

Creditors cannot see further back than 6 years so any defaults registered at that address would be gone.

They don't credit check addresses-only people. You are registered at your new address and all a credit report would show is the addresses you lived at for identity verification purposes.

So long as your file is clear, nothing to wory about

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE