HFC - Starting with court action - Miss-sold PPI!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4473 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Kate :)

I hope all goes well with your court case :)

I have just reached an out of court settlement with Santander (GE Money) before AQ and tbh I am glad:sad: We had a strong case as credi agreement was crossed out and we had proof O/H was was working on the alleged date of teh telephone call:-(

However, I am not sure how different my O/H's is to yours as his was a closed account from years ago.(paid off)

They offered Compound interest at their rate between the period of the PPI charges and then 8% to the date of claim.

I realise now we wouldn't have got anymore because the account was closed by repayment of the debt years ago.

Tbh I wasn't prepared to reject that offer as I believe that the judge wouldn't of awarded the CI after account closure as there was no carry over of the premium ( hope you see what I mean) and probably would have seen us as being unreasonable, but then maybe not, I dunno:|

If your account is still open (and excuse me if I have missed that :|) then you should demand the CI to the date of claim. Well actually you can demand it anyway,I am just telling you from experience of how the banks (well this one) is working the claims out. They did allow a restructure too:-)

Lots of luck :)

Milly

CAPITAL ONE (O/H!): Won £1864.63 including contractual :D

GE MONEY: WON £266.00

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

Sorry to butt in but reading the above post am I right in thinking if I cancelled account cover in July 2010 then on the spready I must put july 2010 as the claim to date for the sake of interest calculation?

:madgrin:

Sorry to butt in but reading the above post am I right in thinking if I cancelled account cover in July 2010 then on the spready I must put july 2010 as the claim to date for the sake of interest calculation?

Depends whether you are claiming for a regulatory based award through court or a restitution based amount.

First one would only pay the interest you were charged by the lender.

Second one you can claim right up to date

ims