style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4868 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I purchased a 4 items from Tesco Online, on Sunday 30th January 2011. One of these items being an Acer Netbook (from the clearance section) bought for £142. Confirmation of the purchase was recieved and delivery was confirmed for the following Tuesday 1st February 2011. £5 was paid for next day delivery. Three of the items were recieved on the Tuesday but not the netbook. I contacted Tesco Online at 1pm and they informed me that they would contact the courier company and investigate and would call me back. They didn't call back so I called them back at 9pm and they said that the courier company had not got back to them so asked me to wait till the morning.

I did so and then recieved a call from customer services today 2nd February 2011 asking if we wanted a refund? I asked why? what hap happened to the laptop? The customer services man then said that the laptop had not been packed with the other items and was assumed to be left in the packing warehouse and has now been subsequently delivered to another customer. I asked why that was and they said that someone would have spotted that it had not been packed and put it back into stock. Of which they no no longer have any of. I asked when I could expect delivery and was told that the laptop was on order and they would contact me when it was back in stock or I could have a refund.

The laptop was bought as a gift and I have now noticed that it is no longer listed on the website. Can someone please advise on what I am able to do now, as I have now seen the same netbook on other websites upwards of £220. I have been told by customer services their obligation is to have to deliver no later than 30days so I can only take a refund or wait.

I have now recieved a call offering £30 compensation from Tesco.