Help!!! The bailiff has broken into my back garden

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4863 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

old and new threads merged here

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

they cannot use the liability order or its powers to enforce their fees.

they can resonably charge p'haps 2 visits total 42.50.

pers i'd call the police

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Right you do not owe any council tax and the bailiffs cannot collect their fees on the back of the councils liability order so ring the police now to report your car is being stolen,make sure you get the licence plate no of the van and tow truck,there is no council debt,ring the council straight away afterwards,now.

Simon Piper

Principal Revenues Officer

is very wrong to state what he has above, that is not correct.

you need to get a screenshot from the bailiff co.

again, they cannot use the LO to collect fees!, if what is on the LO has been paid

dx

and they

P.S any rollocks of the police about this being a civil matter take no notice it is not! in fact dont tell them its bailiffs taking just say your car is being stolen and they will be out to you quicker,and inform the council that they are acting outside of the law and they are responsible.

Ive just spoken to Mary Orton's Department but she of course wasn't there - the woman who answered the phone was senior though and deals with corporate complaints so I've given her a copy of all the emails and she is going to get back to me Today - ooooh my car, my poor poor car

ps we do not have any better method than any usual member to contact other members - inc TT

dx

and they

hope you've got photos!

dx

and they

no one's got back to me yet - I think I've really lost my car and the trouble is, I expect the bailiffs or the council will now make a profit on my old banger even thouugh its a 2002 renault megane.

they cant make a profit out the sale of your car

can you put the figures up in date order from first visit as its written by the bailiff

I've just spoken to the woman at Waverley who is in charge of corporate complaints i.e. Mary Orton's assistant of sorts - she called me back and all she's said is that she's spoken to Mr Simon Piper (council tax) and he's just cited the Regulations . So all she's done is repeat what's he's told her to say - fat lot of good and utter waste of time - she told me to pay the 866 minus the £250 I've already paid - but now that my car has been taken I will be charged another lot of fees for storing my car etc., talking to her was a no brainer.

Are the council and bailiffs making it up as they go along now, or have they acted legally taking the car?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Your car will make about 4-500 quid at auction and thats if your lucky.What many people dont realise is that when you have bailiffs on your case you have to have any loose ends tied up.I could be wrong but i suspect you have lost the car,and this has been a hard lesson to learn and in your case a costly one which might not yet be over.If i were you i would be straight to the solicitors in the morning to get a statutory declaration done that covered everything on and within the bounderies of my property(in other words sell it all to a parent technically speaking) this will cost you a fiver and three years ago it was one of the best fivers i have ever spent,i did it myself for a friend a month or so ago,this will protect any more of your goods being lifted by these bullies,you can call in off the street and get this done,only takes 5 mins.Second thing,when you get another car put it in someone elses name not yours,you dont want the log book in your name while you have these on your case.

Do not let them into your home,if you follow that advice you will leave the bailiffs with no choice but to give you up as a bad job.I think i mentioned the above a little while ago and yes it is legal,you must not,ever leave a bailiff with a loophole in which they can jump through to take your goods.The problem is because you have had no experience of these people your leaving yourself wide open to their underhand tactics (of which there are many believe me) as i mentioned earlier i have been there and i know what these people are capable of,you cannot sit down with your income and expenditure sheet and your proposed payment plan with these people of that i can assure you.

DX100 - I don't understand the first message? can yu pls explain what you mean

the siteteam keep getting requests to contact members urgently

i was just pointing out we do not have any better methods than the member that reported your post for help from TT.

dx

and they

when using this site its always useful to use the advanced search top right first:

try here:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?290920-JBW-bailiff-took-my-car-wrong-address(1-Viewing)-nbsp

there is light at the end of the tunnel

dx

and they

I feel the need to add my pennies worth.

There seems to be some confusion.

A bailiff indeed cannot levy / remove just for his fees, but ONLY if the liability order is settled BEFORE the fees are incurred.

The council state that:

"In accordance with The Council Tax (Administration and Enforcement) Regulations 1992 the payment, when received, will be credited to the costs and charges first"

The legitimate fees, i.e. the visit AND levy fee WERE payable and enforceable if they were applied before the original LO amount was settled. They become part of "the total amount due" under the regs.

The OP should have paid these fees (given the threat to the car), then recovered any irregularities like levy and visit on the same day after the LO + legitimate fees were settled.

Have i missed somthing?

Was the LO total paid before the visits / levy ?