• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Hard copies of the Experian Letter pp1&2

SurlyBonds
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6476 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

yeah you are probably right - I bet there was a huge clamour from ordinary users to get SB made into a mod or helper or something - that must have put some noses out of joint - it's like the bloody playground.
i beg to differ, its mentioned here!

Sorry dayglo but i thought you said in an earlier post you were in contact with him, perhaps i got that wrong? hey it happens sometimes, we're all human after all! well sometimes!

Can we put all this bickering to rest now please, we're not helping anyone whilst we're here fighting?:p

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is so awful. Surly was on here for hours and hours with his free and excellent advice. The letters he wrote for us, his witty explanations, his updates of his on going battles with the CRAs.

OK I don't know what the mods have said to Surly. But why can't all his status be returned ? would a warning not suffice ? he can't continue being censored all the time so I understand why he has left.

I have read thats it's the site owners that get sued, so now I really do understand the concern we don't want to lose this site. I for one have donated to this site to keep it going and would not like to see it gone.

Above all Surlys advice and letters (for defaults) has/will make the most difference to my life. I would rather have had my defaults removed than any bank charges back. With one default on your file you can not get ANY credit at a reasonable rate, no bank account, and especially no mortgage. His template letter and notice got them removed in days. Those of you who have not had a default are blessed and probably wonder what all the fuss is about.

Surly you will be very very much missed. Those who are halfway through their battle need you. I hope that you will reconsider. If not I wish you all the very best on your next and continuing mission to right the wrongs of the powers that be.

Lizzy

Halifax

Sent LBA
27/6/06

Been on hol for a week, got home found letter from them dated
27/6/06 offer of £92 claiming £1155.10 so no deal.

Filed claim with Moneyclaim 12/07/06

Halifax acknowledged claim 25/7/06

Court papers received 28/7/06 Halifax intend to defend.

HALIFAX SETTLED IN FULL 1/8/06

Donation made

Birmingham Midshire (mortgage charges) Prelim letter sent 2nd Aug 2006, full offer received 11th Aug with conditions.

13th Aug accepted offer unconditionally.

BIRMINGHAM MIDSHIRES (MORTGAGE) SETTLED IN FULL 24/8/06

Sent SurlyBonds template letter to get defaults removed to Birmingham Midshires 27/08/06

DEFAULTS REMOVED 5/09/06.
THATS 9 DAYS LATER, YES 9 DAYS

Above all Surlys advice and letters (for defaults) has/will make the most difference to my life. I would rather have had my defaults removed than any bank charges back.

exactly - knowing me I will just blow my bank charge money like I always have done! (know your own weaknesses - it's the first step towards fixing 'em!) but correcting inaccurate defaults, and having to go to court to make it happen - wow that's life changing stuff.

Sorry dayglo but i thought you said in an earlier post you were in contact with him

I was in contact with him - about my test case with the Information Commissioners Office and nothing else. I am not interested in in-fighting, I'm just angry that this situation has happened to the detriment of lots of ordinary folk who were just shown a glimmer of light at the end of the default tunnel - now it turns out that the light was just some bugger with a torch and more fob off letters!

Un-bloody-believable!!

My personal thanks to everyone who felt the desire and urge to jump in on the act when it is neither their place nor position to do so, to the degree an incredibly valuable member of this "Community" has decided to leave.

I've read through many of the posts over the last 24 hours and the behaviour is just unexplainable. I'm not going to comment on any individual person or posting, those who can reflect on how they handled this matter can do so privately. Nor have I been privy to the deleted postings or "behind the scenes" goings on, but one thing is for certain we went from having an extremely valuable and constructive member of this forum to someone who felt they could no longer be a part of it in a matter of 36(?) hours! Nobody can tell me this was dealt with in an adult like, professional manner.

This looks like a sound off doesn't it? You know what, it absolutely is, oh and you know why because I am seething, I am furious to the degree I have the shakes. Sounds irrational right? WRONG! And again do you know why? Well I'll be kind enough to tell you.

For a very long time I have been on the end of the very negative behaviour of certain banking establishments, placing an unwarranted default against my name. Along with the usual practises of escalating illegal charges etc, I have spent a number of years now setting the record straight with every single one of the corporate bodies I have had dealings with to the degree my payment and credit record for near on 2 years is perfect.. Other than the default!

Perhaps those who have not had the misfortune to experience a default, (it sounds innocent enough right, after all it’s just a 7 letter word...) don’t actually realise how this particular topic affects peoples LIVES. When you see threads like "Default Hell" and "Dayglo gets his life back" those subjects are not over the top look at this type of messages, they are from the heart and state just a snip of what that person has or is going through.

Perhaps people do not realise what its like when a bank wont open a simple account for you, and even if they do you are then not allowed a cheque facility or even a debit card... yes you are treated with such disdain they wont give you a debit card until you prove your worth! Perhaps they are not aware of just how you have to live in this electronic society on a cash withdrawl basis for a year or more just until the bank decides; ok you can have a card to get your money now. Perhaps they have no idea what that feels like to a person or how belittling it is that you’re not even trusted with a debit card to get at YOUR OWN money.

That seemingly small 7 letter word has caused me a lot of pain and all the time I'm thinking I can do absolutely nothing at all about it, I am stuffed for the next 6 years. I cannot buy a house, as soon as the word default is mentioned to a lender its like the plague and you can almost hear the intake of breath before they run a mile.

I don't think I can really convey just how painful it is to have that little word tagged against you, it rubs salt into the wounds too when my circumstances cant be further from the truth, I run a successful small business, my earnings are very good and I have a very stable home life... but to a lender that doesn’t matter, they see the word DEFAULT and its bye bye from them.

Lastly I hit upon this superb site (And personal thanks to both founders whom without this information would not have been shared), and then the insightful information from Surly, elation is not the word, the dark was lifted and I DO have options, I can fight this! What Surly has done for many, many people is give them the tools and information to tackle the deceptive and in some cases illegal behaviour of the banks and give people the ability to take back control of their lives! Unless you’re in the depth of default hell you are absolutely not going to appreciate just how powerful that is.

With the information and actions Surly has started there is a breeze of change in the wind, CRA's are doing an about turn on their previous ways, the consumer is being put back in charge... policy is being changed and the ears of the ICO are now taking note (Albeit slowly and in a rather blinded way) but its a start!

I would like to reiterate my personal thanks to him on behalf of myself and those whom he will no doubt help in the future from his initial publishing’s and postings here. Using the information I have the absolute confidence that it will change my life! Thanks to those who berated him to the degree he left, my most humble wish is none of you have to experience the depth of disappear that the simple.

A plea to the forum founders, moderators and "helpers". Mods and helpers please refrain from stoking this situation any further, it is not helping this at all and leave it now to BF and Dave to respond and them alone! BF & Dave I completely understand your need to act within the law and am more than understanding of legal liabilities, please, for the sake of us folk who really need the advice, tools and support from SB pick up the phone (Not in the physical sense!) and lets get the situation resolved. I am sure nobody can disagree that if SB does intend to stay away, then we all lose... period! And as for he won’t be missed because all the information is already here.... Trash, complete trash, I wont comment further on that point because I am liable to breech a forum rule myself if I respond further.

Folks we have some seriously large corporate bodies out there who are infringing our rights, we do not need to fight this out amongst ourselves as well.

I shall leave the last words to the infamous Rodney King ""People, I just want to say, you know, can we all get along?""

Thanks for reading, I’ve had my 2 pence worth, sorry it was so long

MS

First National Tricity Finance Default Removal - s.10 sent 14th August 2006

Hi

I'm very new to this forum, therefore have no idea whats going on, but I will say that my husband and myself had been trying to have a default removed for over a month with absolutely no success and as a result were turned down for a mortgage therefore forced to live with our family in a rented house until we found this website and were very kindly pointed in the direction of Surly's default removal template letter (by Lizzy - many thanks) which we promptly sent to the bank and received a telephone call within 24 hours stating that they were going to remove the default - today they have notified us that it will be gone from the credit file within 48 hours - what a result. Thanks to Surly and his template letter we now have our life back and a chance to buy our dream house.

Surly has obviously invested a lot of his time (like many others, I know) and knowledge helping people on this site, so it is extremely unfortunate that he will no longer be available to help many more people in the future!

rustydog:

That is excellent news and I am so pleased you have managed to reverse your fortunes. I hope that one day in the not too distant future myself and my other half can follow the same path as you and your husband and start to actually make a home for ourselves!

Best Regards

MS

First National Tricity Finance Default Removal - s.10 sent 14th August 2006

Surly

if you're reading this,and most likely you will be having a sneak peek-you were/are immensely appreciated,even though some of the sentiment expressed in some quarters may cause you to doubt it.

You are a total inspiration-no fear and an unswerving determination to stamp out wrongdoing by those who would take great joy in messing your life up if they could get away with it.

I for one would welcome your return-the information and time you have provided others with is sorely missed......

COME BACK SURLYBONDS!!!

I agree with the above. Surly you have helped build my confidence and encouraged me to take on these companies that think they own us and try making our lives difficult!

Thanks Surly and please come back!

Disclaimer: Anything I write in these forums is my personal opinion and offered without prejudice. If in doubt, please seek independent legal advice.

*If what I have told you in this post has helped, please press the star at the bottom left and tell me!!*

My charges claims:

un1boy vs egg *SETTLED* | Un1boy vs LTSB-SETTLED | un1boy vs Black Horse-SETTLED | Un1boy v Smile *WON* | un1boy v HSBC - SETTLED! | Un1boy's HSBC CC - SETTLED! | Un1boy vs Co-Op *SETTLED* |un1boy vs Co-Op CC *SETTLED*

Default removals:

un1boy v Equifax - Default removal

un1boy vs Experian - Default removal

Surly

if you're reading this,and most likely you will be having a sneek peek

Hey, I did say that I would pop back for my mail every now and then...;) I like to keep in touch with the sensible people. (OhMyGawd... can I say that... ah yes, that's right, becuase I didn't name any particular Muppet in person)

Providing, of course, that the consternation about me helping out by phone has subsided... :D

Now, let's see if, in the interests of concilliation, this ever gets through the Mods... :p

I'm often a sarcastic SOB and speak my mind (and I don't do PC at all), but I have a laugh as I go. I won't be intimidated, and I don't take prisoners... so live with it, or go get yourself a humour implant :p

Copy of Law book from Amazon…£19.95, Refund Request stamp...32p, LBA stamp...also 32p, Court fees...£750.00,

The look on the bank's barrister's face, when they lost the '£25k Mother-of-all unfair charges' cases...(plus his £8k+ of costs)... Priceless!

The legal bit: These are my opinions and own view of legislation and process. I accept no liability whatsoever for any outcome as a result of anyone invoking any or all of the advice given - clarify your own personal stuation with an insured legal professional.

Saying that, I've used these methods against many of these corporate crooks:evil: and won hands down!:D

has surly been kicked off or is it that he has not got his user cp active and won,t post until this is reinstated and if this is the case a bit of a stalemate and there would need to be a mediator so everyone involved can save face forget about what went on and carry on as normal

and everyone lives happily ever after

• Haha 1

SETTLED CASES

LTSB (CC) £20 21-8-06

HSBC (CC) £600 19-10-06

HSBC (Ac) No.1 £1900 25-10-06

RBS (CC) £900 25-10-06

Smile (Ac) £1300 17-11-06

A&L (Ac) No.1 £400 23-11-06

A&L (Mortgage ERC) £3900 4-12-06

LTSB (Ac) £200 13-12-06

A&L (Ac) No.2 £120 19-12-06

HSBC (Ac) No.2 £650 29-12-06

LTSB (Business) £1700 13-2-07

RBS (Ac) £4500 + Default Removal 17-3-07

Barclays (Bus) Warrant of Execution 10-3-07 not used yet

ONGOING CASES

Egg (CC) N1 Filed £1300 + Default Removal Judgment Order 9/1/07 In my Favour

Barclays Business loan & 2 accs. S.A.R N1 filed Judgment in Default isued 15/2/07

HSBC (CC) have failed to produce Credit Agreement

TO DO CASES

Egg (Loan)

LTSB (Ac Ltd Company)

LTSB (Loan)

Does this thread really need another tuppence worth?

Well here's mine. Surly, I've never had cause for a lot of dealings with you, but I have read your posts and think you're very informed and know your subject well. You do come across as a bit che guevara though and I think a couple of pinks have had their nose put out of joint.

Now I am not going to typecast everyone, because I do think a lot of the Mods are there for a reason and know what the hell they're talking about. I just feel a couple of the pinks could be culled. That's my personal opinion though and I'm going to do what SB should have done and keep it to myself.

I agree on the point that we need to let Dave and Bf have the final say on this, as much as I respect SB's information (and to note here, I have no problem with his writing style) the site is bigger than one person.

My ideal situation? We all get it back on and have a big love in.

Dave out.

If the name of the claim is blue and underlined, click it to see how I did it.

• Halifax - 1st Request for £3748.80 sent 10/06 Settled in full and 5% donated

• Goldfish - Unable to comment further, have a read

• Lloyds - Data Protection Act sent 19/04 1st estimated request for £1500 sent15/08 LBA sent 08/09

• Carphone Warehouse - Data Protection Act sent 19/04 Chased 04/07 ICO complaint 18/07

• First National - 1st Request for £280 sent 05/05 Settled in full and 5% donated

• Yes car credit - LBA sent 19/07 Court Action launched 26/09

• HFC Bank - 1st Request for £100 sent 06/06 Settled in full and 5% donated

Like what I said? Hit the scales on the top right of my post. Cheers

Disclaimer - By giving advice, I am not putting myself across as a legal expert. Always seek professional advice.

Help the site, donate 5%, I have.

I agree on the point that we need to let Dave and Bf have the final say on this, as much as I respect SB's information (and to note here, I have no problem with his writing style) the site is bigger than one person.

I agree with this mate.

I'm not gonna post anything more on this, think we should all just get on with it!

Disclaimer: Anything I write in these forums is my personal opinion and offered without prejudice. If in doubt, please seek independent legal advice.

*If what I have told you in this post has helped, please press the star at the bottom left and tell me!!*

My charges claims:

un1boy vs egg *SETTLED* | Un1boy vs LTSB-SETTLED | un1boy vs Black Horse-SETTLED | Un1boy v Smile *WON* | un1boy v HSBC - SETTLED! | Un1boy's HSBC CC - SETTLED! | Un1boy vs Co-Op *SETTLED* |un1boy vs Co-Op CC *SETTLED*

Default removals:

un1boy v Equifax - Default removal

un1boy vs Experian - Default removal

Boring. Pointless. Closed.

Robertxc v. Abbey - £3300 Settled in full

Robertxc v. Clydesdale - £750 Settled in full

Nationwide v. Robertxc - £2000 overdraft wiped out, Default removed by order of the sheriff

Robertxc v. Style Card - Default removed by order of the sheriff

Robertxc v. Abbey (1) - Data Protection Act action. £750 compensation

Robertxc v. Abbey (2) - Data Protection Act action. £2000 compensation, default removed

The opinions on this post are those of Robertxc and not necessarily the opinions of the group and do not constitute sound legal advice. You are advised to seek professional legal advice.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6476 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks