Car stolen but misplaced the spare keys.

Raj_c
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3416 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I need some advice regarding an insurance claim which is currently going through for my 09reg ford fiesta zetec s.

Around the end of November 2010 I parked my car in a residential side street, when I returned to the car it was missing and had been stolen. There was some glass on the floor where it was parked. I knocked on a few of the houses, but nobody saw the car being stolen but did see it there earlier that day. I phoned the police straight away and got a crime reference number. I got in touch with the insurance company who started the claim. They asked for all my documents log book, receipts, and keys. I had my original keys which I use every day so I sent that while I looked for my spare one. I explained that in September 2009 I was redecorating my room and boxed everything up, I believe I have misplaced the spare keys then. Admiral who is the insurance company sent out an investigator who took a statement from me and my girlfriend and went to visit the scene. The investigator sent the report off to the insurance company once he completed it. I have a feeling it was put onto a low loader and taken away. The police did not even look into this matter and a couple of days after I reported it i had a letter through the post saying it was going to be filed.

I received a call today from the case worker, she informed me that they received the investigators report and they wanted to know if I found the spare keys. I informed her I have looked but I still cannot find them but, she said that until I find the spare keys they cannot proceed with my claim.

I am bit worried that I will not find my spare keys and they will not pay out, this will leave me in £4k debt with ford finance and me being £7k out of pocket.

Is there anyone who can give me some good advice?

Thanks for looking and replies.

Raj

Not having the spare key is not enough to conclude you left it in the door or car - that's what their alluding, if they go down this route they would need to prove via foresnsics that the key you have provided has either not been used or used for a limited time.

If it shows hardly used and your saying your keys got lost in sept '09, then you will have a really hard time proving it got stolen by any other means. If it shows heavy usage, well that's normal.

They really have to be disproving your case. Where in their policy does it say all car's must have 2 keys and they will only pay out if it has 2?

I'd ask them to look into it again, if nothing write a letter to their CEO, failiing that go the FOS.

Not sure about this one but is it a part of your policy that you have to have a spare set of keys ? .I would read through your policy documents and see if it stipulates that you have to have two sets of keys for you vehicle if you dont then its their problem not yours.

Hi

Thanks for the advice,

The key I have supplied to the insurance company is the key i have used since i purchased the car. I never had he reason to use the spare keys hence the reason why iv lost it.

I will have another look for the keys and failing that i will contact the insurance company and tell them i can not find it and see what the next step it.

I will dig out the policy and have a read through, will update once iv found out.

Thanks

I have a glance over the policy which is online on the the Admiral website. I could not find any anything in the policy about needing to have two keys for the vehicle when making a claim.

Cheers

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...

thread is over 3 years old......

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

Hi Raj

Im in a similar situation.

Can you please tell me how things went with yours?

you need to start a new thread

of your own

you wont get seen here.

thread closed

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3416 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks