style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4881 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i am currently recieving letters from them trying to chase a debt they have apparently purchased, but there is no way on hell i can start paying for at least 6 months as i am currently paying off other debts as fastas i can which leaves me with very little cash left to play with, let alone settle other debts,

i'm just wondering where i stand with this an if there is any chance they can do anything as i havn't acknowledged the debt or contacted them in any way,

any information on this would be greatly appreciated.:|

Lowell portfolio are an absolute pain in the backside. I had these chase me for years with no contact from me. My suggestions to you are leave well alone. Dont reply and do not speak to them on any account. They will send you letters to say they are going to visit your home that is in fact against the law as that would be trespass. They will not come to your home. If the debt is retrievable let them take you to court. The judge will see what you can afford to pay and offer that as a payment plan. I know people who only pay 50p a week.

Just relax and dont worry I spent years doing that until I became wise. A little research in law and you will realise debt collectors have no more power than your granny. On the other hand if a judgment is made by the court and you fail to stick by it that is when bailiffs can make a warrant to the court for repossesion of goods. But even with that you are a long way from that.

They will not take it to court as it costs too much unless you owe them thousands. But there are some companies that do including bryan carter and co. absolute animals who would rob sweeties from a child.

Just dont worry about and let yourself deal with your finances in a timely manner. Just make sure the main bills are paid like councel tax and any other government money because they have more effect on you if you dont pay.

Good luck even though you will not need it.

i do intend on paying the debt, its around 7/800, but like you said in my own time, will any court applications affect my credit rating in the long term? also what can they actually do without recieving contact from me even confirming im at the current address as the debt was taken out from a different address,

many thanks again

ok so it is not statute barred. They can chase it as your name will be on the electoral register to your new address. Just ignore the letters and do not contact them. They have to be sure that it is you at the address as there will be other people with the same name. It is in fact against the law to send debt letters to an address without knowledge of who lives there. Dont worry about it mate.

It is down to them to prove that is you at that address. If you do not respond the chances are they will dissapear after sending a few letters. Do not by any means aknowledge the debt. Even if they prove it is you ask to see the original signed credit agreement. The chances are that it is not retreivable.

Lowlifes eh! What is the alleged debt for?

Who was the original creditor (OC)?

When was this agreement taken out, what year?

What is the last letter saying that Lowlifes sent?

What are your other debts, and who are you paying these too?

Have you checked your credit file at all?

Forget any notion of court action, if they could have done that then they would have done within the first 12 months of you failing to pay up. If they threaten that, then chuckle to yourself, as they are still getting their 3 year old munch kins to write their letters. However what you should be aware of is that as the amount they allege owed is above £750, then they will threaten bankruptcy, BUT this will cost them circa £1500 to do so, AND it won't be a DCA like Lowlifes taking you to court it has to be the OC, unless Lowlifes have indeed bought the debt and all the rights to it under the law of property act.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

i had a disputed debt with a Catalogue,there has been no contact for just over 6 years.

we started to receive letters from Lowell & all the companies linked with them, all of the letters went into the bin, as i have heard many of the dirty tricks they get up to & have googled them.

we started to get the phone calls from all of their companies,cant remember all of the names,but i always ask them for the company name then say i may or may not call them back, i refuse to confirm any details that could be used to identify me, i then come on here or google the company name,....if its given.

28/01/11 i had a phone call they would only say "its a personal matter"despite asking for the company name,which was refused by the caller no company name was given, so i hung up.

within 10 minutes,the phone rang again,guess what, it was the same voice as the first phone call 10 minutes earlier.this time claiming to to represent Severn Trent Water,although the caller would not give his companies name.

i told him i am not legally obliged to give out any information which may identify me & i deal direct with all of the utility companies servicing this property.

i know this is a long winded post,but thought people on here should know about ,what i believe is a new tactic by this company & their associated companies.

one of the letters read '' we have reason to believe you now reside at this residence'' are they just clutching at straws or will they proceed with the case do you think??

What case? This isn't some murder investigation, just some very inept shallow organisation trying to make peoples lives as miserable as theirs!

Yes they are clutching at straws, this is how such a disreputable organisation like lowlifes work, they know nothing about everything. Please read my last post with the questions..

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

OP - agree with BB. They are very very unlikely to go to court, and if they did you would know about it. Just totally ignore their letters and they will eventually disappear. Beware the phone calls as they may well call you by your name before asking for it, just ask who's calling and refuse to go through security. Ideally try not to answer the phone at all to them.