HELP 20 years loyalty and this is what i get Brittania Bs Problem

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4886 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I divorced 20 years ago and was awarded the house in full and final settlement. Building society aware and have copies of all paper work. His name still on mortgage although they are aware that I alone have made all payments. Solicitor acting to put house in my name only , Society told of this . Apparently even though I am not in arreas and have made over payments for the last 5 years because I dont have a contract of employment (been in this job for 22 years) as they are aware .They wont entertain my application? house worth at least £160.000 and I owe £39.000. HOW AM i A BAD RISK. I am scared , not sleeping and a mess.

Hi jackyclarke,

How did the contract of employment issue arise?

It is normal practise for lenders to request proof of income which is usually by means of payslips and P60 but I have never heard of them asking for a COE. (except in exceptional circumstances like a new start job)

However, after being employed in the same job for 22 years, aren't your employers in breach employment law by not giving you a COE? Can you not get one from them now?

What's to stop you making an application to another lender? If you have sufficient provable income, no arrears or bad credit, with the loan to value, I would have thought, even in todays climate, you should be able to get an offer elsewhere.

thanks dotty. The COI is required because I am having the mortgage transfered to my name only. I have paid it since we divorced 20 years ago and the building societys attitude has always been , he may share the debt but the property is yours. I have spoken to mortgage advisors and they share the opinion that without a contract of employment I am going to struggle to find a providor. bad times.

When you say you have spoken to an advisor is that an independent mortgage broker?

As far as I know payslips and bank statements and a letter confirming your employment should be sufficient - what term have mortgage do you have remaining in relation to your age? In other words are you asking for the mortgage to continue after retirement?

Also is there a reason why you don't have a contract?

Please note I am not an expert - I am not offering opinions or legal help - Please use all the information provided on the site in FAQ- step by step instructions and library- thanks Jansus:)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/images/icons/icon1.gif

offer from A&L 24/8/07 - after case stayed

"What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE

I administer mortgage applications and have done for several years and stand by what I said earlier. Contracts of Employment are rarely a requirement except in exceptional circumstances.

OR there are reasons the lender suspects foul play and needs to verify the information supplied in the application.

You have not answered the question about why you do not have a contract after 22 years, perhaps there is more to this than meets the eye and that is why a C of E is being requested.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?290667-samr-hours-same-job-22-years-but-no-contract-because-Im-casual&p=3261496&viewfull=1#post3261496

I came across your other thread last night and this post answers the question about why Britannia consider you a 'bad risk' IMO.

Whilst I appreciate you have worked for the same people for 22 years, what guarantees do you have that you will be in this job for the duration of the mortgage you are applying for?

I did quote 'exceptional circumstances' and this very much seems to be the case here.

Have you approached Britannia to see if they would consider any letter from the council explaining why, after 22 years, you are still considered a 'casual part time' worker?

I see you are getting help on the other thread regarding a contract of employment and whether one exists, so hopefully you will be able to resolve this.

• 2 weeks later...

No foul play suspected and the Brittania have aploogised after looking at my history with them. My bank HSBC have also been wonderful and because of my record and accounts with them are only too happy to help. It was the way I was spoken to I had issue with I am not just an account number I am a person.

I have spoken to my bank HSBC they have been great, because they are aware of my work record, my wages go diectly to them from my employer and have done for the last 20 years . I also have a good saving and credit history with them. It was so nice to be spoken to as a person not as an account number. thanks for the message. Employer wont budge though and the union is now involved because so many of us are in this position, I have never made it an issue, because it has never been one before.