Anyone knows about flight insurances and their cover for cancellations?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4901 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Got caught up in the big snow situ in Dec 2010 and had to arrange another means of transport to get to my destination country for xmas. Thanks to the cancellation I arrived 1,5 days later, by car, after a 20 hours journey.

The
flight
link3.gif
was with Easyjet (a return), bought it online, as well as a travel insurance from them, which i first thought was for both journey's but only when received it I realised, it was only covering for the outbond flight.

Easyjet sent me a confirmation email at the end of Dec to say that I will get my money back in 4 weeks.

I'm worried that I'll wait the 4 weeks and will still have no money back but by then the time for the refund claim will "expire" - Can the time for a refund of your flight ticket ever expire? If yes, how long that is from the original date of your flight?

Would the travel insurance be of any use in this case?

Never have been in this situation and not really sure what to do
:???:

The whole thing caused an awful lot of trouble (phone calls to easyjet customer services, paying someone with a car for the journey, losing 1,5 days, stress, etc) and I'm wondering if all that could get compesated?

I'm not trying to "milk" the situation, the return flight plus insurance was 400.00 GBP and I only used 1 way, Easyjet was the first to cancel all their flights when for example BA was still flying the next day morning!

Any advice is very much appreciated, thanks!

You have an email from Easyjet, so you will get the refund. The 4 weeks is probably just an approximation as to how long it could take, but it may be sooner. They have to refund for the cancelled flight, so there is no expiry.

In regard to the Travel Insurance, you will have to supply them with the details and see what you can claim for. Any compensation I expect would be minimal and they won't cover the cancelled flight, as this will be down to Easyjet.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread