Can I take any action?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4913 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Everyone,

I have recently been going about the motions of getting my credit files up to date with Equifax, Experian and CallCredit. I haven't really had any problems up until I tried to deal with CallCredit.

A few years ago, when I turned 18, I went down the bad-credit spiral. I was approved for a loan I shouldn't really of had in the first place, I was given a cheque book with guarantee card, etc etc. I was pretty damn stupid back then. Now though, after some advice from a cag forum member (Whom I know in a personal capacity) I've managed to get most of these debts settled/wiped off.

I got in touch with Experian first off. The information they had on there seemed to be mostly accurate, apart from incorrect financial linkings, and the fact that I apparently had a mortgage with my Mother. The joys of having the same name as my dad eh? - This was all rectified pretty quickly.

Same deal with experian. This took a little bit more work as their website is absolutely atrocious to navigate, or was back then. So, my Equifax and Experian reports are now squeaky clean, apart from one little red mark due to a default 5 years ago which has since been settled.

Now, CallCredit. I checked my file there and they still had my debts that had been settled years ago, being marked as default up until the month I checked the file! There was a load of other incorrect information on there too. In fact, it was the worst of the three. It feels like they are "The land that accuracy forgot".

I wrote them a rather stern two page letter, and included copies of my credit files from Equifax and Experian so they could cross reference the entries and see that their information was inaccurate. I posted the letter off, and proceeded to give them their 28 days.

Day 29:

No response from CC, so called to chase it up. The guy on the phone took my details, confirmed receipt of the letter and said he'd email me back regarding the outcome.

Day 32:

Nothing received as yet. Called them back again, and the guy couldn't understand why I hadn't gotten a response and said "We do have a 28 day time limit by law to get this sorted out, and we're over that now, i'll escalate this issue"

Day 50!!! (Yes, i double checked that was right)

Still no response, now they're nearly twice over their 28 day limit and still i've had no response from them.

Is there any action I can take against CallCredit?

I just want my information fixed. I've got a great job now, I'm planning a finance for a new car, and me and my other half are looking at getting our first house. I've worked hard for years to clear my previous idiocy, and just want to have my record clean again.

Thank you in advance,

DesignerDave

Hi and welcome to CAG

Have a look at page 15 HERE and see if there is anything else you need to be doing.

My gut feeling is to report them to the Information Commissioner. You have done more than enough to get these entries corrected

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE