Kensington v angnnig

angnnig
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4134 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi there, I've affixed the statement as a pdf document. You will have to type it out again I'm afraid - I can't save it as a wordpad or notepad file.

Angnnig Defence Statement.pdf

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Hi ,My partner attended court on the 24 of this month , Thankfully We didn,t get an eviction, We got a susspended reppo order on the house ,kensington wanted blood though . They agreed to to not oppose the reppo order if, when we have paid our main mortgage "capstones" arrears off, they want us to pay £150, a month more of the arrears,thats double what were paying now.The arrears payments that are left on the capstone account are due to be paid off in may and thats when they want us to start paying more ,my partner felt nervous in court and agreed to it .Thanks Ellenn for all your help on this.And to every one who who give us advice,kind regards angnnig

Hi, well done for being so brave :) I'm glad to hear it went ok. You should get a written order from the court in a few days detailing what you have to pay and when. Let us know if it says anything about increasing the payments to Kensington after May.

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

And a well done from me too going to court to face them it must have been very stressful for you and at least they listened to you which is something. :-D

I contacted the Ombudsman on the off chance I might be able to re-open my case, thinking he wouldnt reply well he did and is assisting me to open my case again to see if I can claim anything back from Kensington at all from the 2005 charges. Im just waiting for the final response letter from KM that they sent to the Ombudsman in 2006 and then Im going to see which one I want to go for. If its the 2005 charges then I can reopen the case but if its the final response letter from 2006 then I can make a new claim. :roll:

Thanks Elliebes,Good luck with the your case with kensington.We,re still trying to get our charges back from SPML through the FOS not had much luck with it so far as the adjudicator agreed that Spml were in the right to charge us £2000 in fees.

We are appealing against the decision so all is not lost yet ,regards angnnig

Edited by angnnig

Ive got a choice of disputing their final response of 2006 or going for the charges they levied back in 2005. Ive been quite ill lately so been unable to give my full attention to the letter. But I will keep the thread posted on developments.

They said in the final response they were helpful to me throughout......what a load of tosh....

After being bullied for months with constant admin threats driving me into the ground...every place I went it seemed couldnt help me because they ignored them...they ignored the CAB....they ignored the DSS...... I lived alone and I went through absolute hell. I was caused severe stress and anxiety and ended up in hospital with a heart attack. I will never forget the day I left I stood in my living room saying goodbye to my home and walking away sobbing my heart out. THATS what these lenders are capable of.

• 1 month later...

Hi ,I hope someone can advise us please.kensington have recently took us to court to seek a repossesion order on our home ,We were ordered by the court to pay on the 14th of every month . last month i fell ill and my partner had to take a bit of time off to look after me and our 3 young kids so we were late paying the mortgage by 2 days and kensington have charged us a £50 late payment fee for this .Are they within thier rights to charge this for only being 2 days late ,kind regards angnnig

Edited by angnnig

Hi annning, have a read of the links below and this will make you feel better

http://www.guardian.co.uk/money/2010/apr/12/fsa-kensington-mortgages-fine

http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Library/Communication/PR/2010/065.shtml

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/8615870.stm

Maybe Kensington have forgotten about the fine they received and may need a little reminder :-D

I think you'll find info here on the forum. You will be able to claim your fees back. You have six years from the date that you realised that you could make a claim in which to do so. I believe that to be correct but would happily stand corrected.

It won't be easy, and they'll fob you off, but I'd suggest sending an SAR to them.

I have had personal dealings in the areas I comment on, however, I am not a lawyer. Any advice I give is without prejudice and is merely my opinion based on the information I have gleaned from my experiences, understanding and interpretation of the law. You should always seek the advice of a qualified legal professional.

Basic Account Holder

Help the CAG!!

Download our toolbar

reputation_pos.png

follow_us-a.png

Cagger since Jan 2008

Posts 312

icon1.gif Kensington charges

Hi ,I hope someone can advise us please.kensington have recently took us to court to seek a repossesion order on our home ,We were ordered by the court to pay on the 14th of every month . last month i fell ill and my partner had to take a bit of time off to look after me and our 3 young kids so we were late paying the mortgage by 2 days and kensington have charged us a £50 late payment fee for this .Are they within thier rights to charge this for only being 2 days late ,kind regards angnnig

Hi,

Yes, they are within their rights to charge you as you paid late. However, you are also quite within your rights to explain the circumstances and ask for it to be refunded. If you read my post I just got compensation off them for a second mortgage, but getting a refund of charges from them is not easy. If you want any help, albeit this late in the day, just shout.

• Confused 1

Hi tingy thanks for your reply.We phoned kensington and was totally shocked that we had actually spoke to someone with an helpful attitude.We explained our situation and she said that we did n,t get the £50 fee for being 2 days late we incurred the fee because it was 34 pence short on our payment.She even agreed that was a bit petty and managed to get the fee waived for us.we,ve asked for this refund in writing,as we all know they can,t be trusted.regards angnnig

Hi all,Kensington recently took us to court and had a reppo order put on our house.In february they sent us statement saying that they had charged us £278.75 in solicitors costs and they have just sent us a default notice that they have charged us £178 in solicitors costs .We have just looked on the particulars court form and it says that total payable in solicitors costs and admin charges are £270.75.We phoned kensington to ask why had we recieved 2 lots of solicitors charges and the court papers say £270.75 .They told us that the £278.75 was for the solicitors to set the case up and the £178 was for the solicitors agents costs.We have asked for proof of the solicitors costs.They said they will send proof as soon as they get it.Do these charges seem suspect to anyone else.kind regards angnnig

Hi Tingy.We took out a secured loan out with kensington in 2006 for £14000 then shortly after my partner fell ill and couldn,t work,we fell behind with our main mortgage SPML now ASCENDEN and kensington.In 2007 spml took us to court to get a reppo order on our house,then in may 2008 kensington took us to court for £2000 in arrears the court granted them thier wish to evict us,but a few of our family members lent us the £2000 to get the eviction stopped .then in december 2010 kensington took us to court again because we were a few months late with the payments due to unexpected taxi repairs and the recession affecting ther job.They have both done us for loads of late payment fees and other fees.We tried to get £3000 of charges back of SPML through the FOS but were turned down by the ombudsman which we have recently appealed against.Kensintgon are next as soon as we can afford the £10 for a SAR.kind regards angnig