Distance Selling Act + Netbook

Gingbeard
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4906 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

I hope you guys can help me out.

I bought a new netbook from the internet, it arrived on 23rd December. I have opened the box, but have NOT turned it on. The reason for this is that if I turn it on it will no longer be as-new.

I hate it! I hate the keyboard buttons as well as the trackpad.

My question is this - am I able to return it using the Distance Selling Act? I am unable to find separate rules when it comes to computers

Any help would be much appreciated, as I now have 5 working days (If I can use the distance selling)

Regards,

G

There is no Distance Selling "Act".

The UK Distance Selling Regulations are the Secretary of State's implementation of the European Directive 97/7/EC, not an Act of Parliament.

Section 10 of the Regulations entitles a consumer to cancel a distance contract, to get all his money back, with no further ado about the condition of the goods and without a duty to return the goods so long as the supplier is invited to collect them, and properly informed that the contract is cancelled.

8)

However, in realty if you want to have your money back without hassle - check on the website what the rules are returning and follow theseto the letter. You remain responsible for the cost of return unless they agree to.

You could get dx100uk to help you return it under SoGR - Sale of Goods Regulations.......................................................

Hammy :-)

46 years at the pointy end of the motor trade. :eek:

HMCTS Approved Technical Expert and Independent Motor Trade Consultant

I bought a new netbook from the internet, it arrived on 23rd December. I have opened the box, but have NOT turned it on. The reason for this is that if I turn it on it will no longer be as-new.

Section 34 of the Sale of Goods Act should also be noted:

Unless otherwise agreed, when the seller tenders delivery of goods to the buyer, he is bound on request to afford the buyer a reasonable opportunity of examining the goods for the purpose of ascertaining whether they are in conformity with the contract

When a trader's terms and practice insist on depriving a buyer of a refund unless a package is returned unopened, that could be prosecuted as a criminal offence under the Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008

8-)