10 year debt!!!!!

mandymoo01
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4926 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, i'm new to this kind of site but was looking for some help regarding an outstanding debt i have.

around 10 years ago i run up a £500+ bill with Littlewoods catalogue. I was living at my mothers at the time but then moved out, I stopped paying the bills :|. i have since moved back to the address but have not had any correspondance regarding my account, so just forgot about it. recently a debt agency have cointacted me by phone asking for me to repay this debt!!!!!! i originally said i'd look into it after xmas, but they continue to phone saying they can't do this & that the matter needs to resolved now.

I've been told by a friend that because of the length of time the debt has been outstanding, i could be entitled to it being wiped clean???? please help. is this true???? what should i do???:|

Hi Mandy

Welcome to CAG

If you haven't made any payments for 6 years, then the Debt is Statute Barred. They've had the opportunity to chase the debt, but have failed to do so.

Do not speak to them over the phone. Do not acknowledge the debt.

Send this letter Recorded:- http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?408-Letter-sent-when-debt-is-statute-barred

Basically they are trying there luck.

A debt is considered Statute Barred if a creditor has not contacted a debtor for a period of 6 years and no action has been taken on the account.

Although the debt is still legally acknowledged as being owed, the creditor is not able to take any legal action against the debtor in order to recover the debt. It is considered unfair if a creditor or debt collector misleads the debtor into believing the debt is still legally recoverable. It is also considered an unfair practice if the creditor or debt collector press for payment after the debtor has stated they will not be paying the money owed.

WELCOME............If you have not paid any money or acknowledged the account for a period of 6 years (5 years Scotland) it be comes Statute Barred.The DCA that is chasing you(who is it?????) do not offer money do not acknowledge the debt,just tell them to write to you ONLY do not phone them.or you can just ignore them................good luck...........FS.....................Rebel11 threads crossed........

WELCOME............If you have not paid any money or acknowledged the account for a period of 6 years (5 years Scotland) it be comes Statute Barred.The DCA that is chasing you(who is it?????) do not offer money do not acknowledge the debt,just tell them to write to you ONLY do not phone them.or you can just ignore them................good luck...........FS.....................Rebel11 threads crossed........

thanks for replyin!!

:x:x:x:x:x:xi think i may have made a boo boo. I recieved a letter about 2 month ago from a solicitors askin me to contact them but didn't know what about!!! upon contacting them i found out it was over littlewoods account!!!!! iit was then when i stupidly agreed to try and deal with the debt after xmas!! have i just gave them legal reasons to pursue the debt????? ( i have spoke to them on the phone recently and they said that they didn't have anythin on there computer regardin this arrangment tho :???::???::???::???: i could really kick myself!!!!! its not the fact that i don't want to pay off my debt its the fact that they havn't been in touch for that long that i'd forgotton all about it :???::???::???: helppppppppppppp

its statute barred if its 6yrs since YOUR last financial in/out

ignore the letter and phonecalls, you are under NO legal obl to speak to them

a phonecall does not count!

stay off that phone!

these muppet dca's and their fakesolicitors

HAVE NO LEGAL POWERS!!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi,

As DX has said, phone calls don't count but even more so, once a debt is Statute Barred, nothing can UN-Statute Bar it. Even if you agreeed a payment plan after the 6 years, you can go back on that. They can do nothing-nada-zip-geddit? :razz:

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

HL (Ill)legal are 'solicitors for rent' who send threatening debt collecting letters. You should send them the 'Prove it' letter which will make them provide further evidence, odds on they will return the debt back to the original creditor.

Send the Prove It letter first from the templates, and by the time they get back to you it will be statute barred (if not already).

You do need to put on top of the letter

I DO NOT ACKNOWLEDGE ANY ALLEGED DEBT TO YOU OR YOUR CLIENTS

Do a digital signature on the letter so they can't copy and paste it.

Mandymoo01..............MKDP..LLP debt collection agency from Milton Keynes as Sillygirl1..........states HL solicitors are for hire by many DCAs.................if you want to send the DCA a quick note........their reference number....................STATUTE BARRED...................Yours etc dont sign the letter just print your initials...................FS