Joint Egg Loan, Sequestration and Apex

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4931 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I live in Scotland and went bankrupt in 2003. I had a joint Egg loan with my partner, this was included within my bankruptcy. My partner and I were both issued a defaut notice at the time. I can still log into Egg and have kept my details updated. At the time of default egg obviously pursued my partner for the debt, they froze interest and accepted a payment of £50 per month. This payment has been made since 2003. All communication from Egg is still in my name - i.e yearly statements, request to increase payment and no mention of my partner. Recently I received a letter from Apex stating Egg had sold the debt to them - I phoned them and told them about my bankruptcy, gave them my bankruptcy number etc Apex did not mention the fact this was a joint loan and checked my bankruptcy details with the Edinburgh gazette and confirmed - they told me they would pass the debt back to Egg. Where do I go from here, any advice?

Thanks

Steven

Edited by stevenscott5581

You will probarbly find that when Apex send it back with the BK details then Egg will stop the statements etc. in your name. If they don't and you want them too a quick letter with the BK details should do it.

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

I have spoke with Egg today and they have asked me to send my Discharge Certificate again, this accout was opened in 2002, they have no record of this account being a joint account and my name is the only name on the account, I am not liable due to Bankruptcy, any ideas why this may have happened?