style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4864 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'm pleased you have got this back but in my view you are due a substantial amount back from the Bailiff - is it possible you can scan and post the letter/breakdown you got from the Bailiffs, please remember to cross out any personal info.

PT

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Scuffpot you attatchment is to small to view,try copy and paste or use photo bucket or something similar,and good luck with the Bailliffs from what I have read on other posts I am sure you are on a winner with the Bstads.

Wobbly

Living in the wild windy west of Ireland

use:

scan the required letters/agreements/sheets

remove all pers info inc barcodes etc but leave all figures and dates.

goto one of the many free online pdf converter websites

convert the image to pdf format.

open a new msg box here

hit go advanced below the msg box

hit manage attachments below that box

hit the add files button on the top right

hit select files, navigate to your file on your pc

hit upload files

NB:you can set where it goes in the post by hitting insert inline.

the hit reply button

dx

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

they are fine

445 van fee hehe what i plonker!

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks for posting that. From what I see they have charged a Card Transaction Fee - there is no provision for this in the Regulations. They have also charged the Levy Fee and Attendance Fee at the same time - this is not allowed and if it was then the Attendance Fee on its own is exhorbitant to say the least. So far the only charges they can ask for are the Ist Visit, 2nd Visit & Levy Fee - see below for more. The rest are recoverable and they know they are.

As for your Levy Fee I believe that is also arguable as they left no Notice of Seizure and also from what you say did this after you had paid. Like everything unfortunately there are 2 sides to each story and to be unfair to you they have to be given an opportunity to put things right. You need to write to them again along these sort of lines.

Dear Sir

Thank you for your recent Breakdown of Charges to my account. I do however have some concerns as to their validity and will deal with each matter in turn.

Payment by Debit Card - charge £1-00

Can you please tell me where in the The Non-Domestic Rating (Collection and Enforcement) (Local Lists) Regulations 1989 it states you are permitted to charge this fee. If you are unable to this I ask it be repaid.

Attendance/Fan Fee - charge £444-50

This Fee is exhorbitant and I wish to challenge its validity. As you are no doubt aware a Levy Fee and an Enforcement/Levy Fee are not allowed to be charged at the same time so ask this fee be repaid to me.

Levy Fee - charge £32-50

I challenge this Fee on two grounds.

1 - I had paid this account up to date

2 - No Notice of Seizure was left with me

I therefore ask that this fee be repaid.

If no response to this request is received with suitable repayment you will leave me no option but to:

1 - apply to the County Court where the Bailiffs are Certificated with a Form 4 Complaint because of their blatant overcharging

2 - apply to my local County Court with the issue of a Form N1 commencing a claim for the repayment of the Fees. If I do this I will also name the (name of Council) as Co-Defendants. You should note that on a successful result I will enforce any Judgment and that any CCJ you incur may result in your Company having trouble gaining Credit and may impact on any renewal for a Consumer Credit Licence which you are required to have.

A copy of this letter is being forwarded to (name of Council) for their information. I require a response with 7 days.

Yours faithfully

PT

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

:lol:

dx

and they

Thanks for all your help i will send them the letter if you don't mind me using your letter PT, I wish i knew then what i have learned from you as i would have not paid them all that money i feel like a fool,i was really mugged off and can still see the smug look on the face of the mugger,but do you think that as there was two bailiffs one was just passing that day would that be the reason for the high fee?

Thanks for all your help i will send them the letter if you don't mind me using your letter PT, I wish i knew then what i have learned from you as i would have not paid them all that money i feel like a fool,i was really mugged off and can still see the smug look on the face of the mugger,but do you think that as there was two bailiffs one was just passing that day would that be the reason for the high fee?

Don't beat yourself up over this. We all learn by our mistakes and some have been bigger than others. It is only by learning the hard way that you get a feel of all the injustices that are being committed by these people. As for whether they jacked the price because there were 2 of them - it is a possibility but more likely they use the excuse it's because you are a business. Don't forget as a business you get used to the eztra on the electric, bin emptying etc - at the end of the day the Regulations stipulate what they can charge. By having sent off and received back the breakdown of charges the Company concerned are now admitting they support overcharging by their Bailiffs - otherwise why didn't they just say Mr B has made a mistake and here's your £xxx back by way of an apology.

PT

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi Ploddertom you said that the bailiffs ccl has run out would that mean if i try and get my money back i wont be able to.as soon as i hear from the company i will post it on here i wont have the same trouble i had posting the last letter!!!.i really can't thank you all for your help as i would have not known what to do. i wish i did as i wouldnt be in this mess,still as you said some of us learn the hard way even if it is through the pockets. scruffpot

If a bailiffs ccl has expired and not been renewed then they cannot carry on their previous duties. Hope that is correct?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

• 4 weeks later...

Hello again i am sorry that i have'nt updated but having nothing to report, as after i sent the bailiffs letter and a copy to the council giving them 7 days (its now well over that) i was waiting for a reply but i have'nt received anything even though i sent them recorded what would i need to do now should i call them and ask if they got them? I hope that someone will point me in the direction again,as i still can't get over how stupid i have been i just gave the money away now i feel like the bailiff company are laughing and there's no way i can get back at them.

If you sent them by Signed For - the new name for Recorded Delivery - then go to Royal Mail Track & Trace and put the tracking numbers in this will tell you date & time they were delivered and may also have a copy of a signature available.

PT

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks you i will be back in work tomorrow so i will track the letter but as it was sent to a PO box would that make a differance the council one was sent to their office. what would i need to do if they have received it which no doubt they have but ignored me, Is this the done thing when someone has sent this sort of letter?

Hi Ploddertom you said that the bailiffs ccl has run out would that mean if i try and get my money back i wont be able to.as soon as i hear from the company i will post it on here i wont have the same trouble i had posting the last letter!!!.i really can't thank you all for your help as i would have not known what to do. i wish i did as i wouldn't be in this mess,still as you said some of us learn the hard way even if it is through the pockets. scruffpot

did you check this out with Ministry of Justice Public Register of bailiffslink3.gif on 020 3334 6355 to find out if he was certificated and to what bailiff company