I have resign and no joy to get new job, yet..

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4939 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I was working in IT Consultancy for last 2.5 years. I have to visit clients site and spent good 2 years at one of our client for almost 2 years. Since they outsource their IT operations, I have to come back to our office in early this year. After I came back to our office, I never get any good work and just doing support. Then they start making my life difficult and finally they put me into disciplinary in bases of I am not doing good work etc. I am so stressed out and resigned myself.

Now I am looking for job but no joy, yet.

My question is, what should i say to job agencies about my current position?

If i say 'i resigned because they put me in disciplinary', would it be acceptable to job agencies?

They may start asking all kind of questions about what happened, which is painful for me to explain the whole thing again and again.

What will be happen, if they ask Reference from current employment? What should I say?

Thank you for your time,

If a reference is asked for from your former employer, then they will very possibly say that you resigned pending a disciplinary hearing. Resigning before a disciplinary can be held is tantamount to admitting guilt and that is what almost all potential employers will believe. Since they will not be told why you were being disciplined, then the fact that you resigned rather than face a disciplinary will often mean that they assume the worst, and that it was an act of gross misconduct. I therefore do not see that you have very much choice but to tell the truth.

To be entirely honest, the way that you have expressed yourself here does not reflect entirely well on you, so I would consider how you can make the truth sound more palatable. Please understand that I am not taking sides here and saying that the employer was correct - but you come across as whining :sad: In this day and age, IT is as unstable a field of work as any other, and when your role in field work was no longer viable due to the client outsourcing you could have lost your job. Complaining that you didn't get "any good work" and you were "just doing support" makes it sound as though you look down on work that you consider beneath your skills, and placed in the contaxt of the disciplinary it sounds as though you won't do work or won't do it well if you think it is beneath you. That doesn't send a very positive message to potential employers or agencies - who may be looking for someone who will "just do support". Right at this moment, and given the job prospects for anyone at this moment in time, you cannot afford to be picky and you cannot afford to come across as though you are.