Moorcroft/Lloyds TSB

beyondhope
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4943 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Cut a long story short Hubby had a select account with Lloyds either £50/£100 overdraft not sure which, he went slightly over the limit maybe £20 due to unforeseen circumstances and of course got whacked with alot of charges at that point we werent in a very good financial position and buried our heads in the sand. This has to be at least 3/4 years ago (longer since it happened but I assume some contact was had 3/4 yrs ago as they have our new address) not heard alot in between maybe a letter every 6 months but unfortunately we continued to ignore and the debt now stands at £845 (I think) all made up of charges and account charge bar the overdraft and the slight unauthorised overdraft. The last week or two we have been inundated with letters and phone calls from Moorcroft Debt Recovery (MDR) up to 4 calls a day. We have now received a 'its your final warning before we instigate court proceedings' letter (have had all the previous threatograms but not had one of these before) has anyone got any advice on how to proceed with this? Thanks in advance :)

I am a consumer just like you, please get a second opinion or investigate yourself on anything I advise as I am in no way legally trained. Everything I know has come from the Mighty CAG and fellow CAGGERS. :cool:

If I have helped in any way please click my reputation star and make a donation to CAG to enable us all to continue to help each other :cool:

SAR LTSB and put the account in dispute with Moorcr@p. stating that you are challenging charges etc. with the OC :)

Thank you babybear I did wonder if that was the way to go but not having dealt with a bank before I wasnt sure if it was the same routine :) Ill get onto that asap. Thanks again

I am a consumer just like you, please get a second opinion or investigate yourself on anything I advise as I am in no way legally trained. Everything I know has come from the Mighty CAG and fellow CAGGERS. :cool:

If I have helped in any way please click my reputation star and make a donation to CAG to enable us all to continue to help each other :cool:

Lloyds tried to charge me £20 for a failed 'standing order!' last month, it was paid the very next day so less than 24 hours old, told them to refund the unfair fee or I would take further action, lo and behold, it was paid back with a letter saying they didn't agree that it was unfair blah blah blah.....

As in your case this is all 'their' own fees, we still own 43% of this banking group and I'll be damned if we should still pay them their extortionate fees to pay us back!! No chance!!

I have never heard of anyone being taken to court for unpaid bank fees, and I don't expect to neither.

SAR Lloyds as BB says, tell Moorsoft to foxtrot oscar it is zero to do with them, and report them to Ofcom http://www.ofcom.org.uk/contact-us/

For breaches under the communications act.

127Improper use of public electronic communications network E+W+S+N.I.

(1)A person is guilty of an offence if he—

(a)sends by means of a public electronic communications network a message or other matter that is grossly offensive or of an indecent, obscene or menacing character; or

(b)causes any such message or matter to be so sent.

(2)A person is guilty of an offence if, for the purpose of causing annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety to another, he—

(a)sends by means of a public electronic communications network, a message that he knows to be false,

(b)causes such a message to be sent; or

©persistently makes use of a public electronic communications network.

(3)A person guilty of an offence under this section shall be liable, on summary conviction, to imprisonment for a term not exceeding six months or to a fine not exceeding level 5 on the standard scale, or to both.

(4)Subsections (1) and (2) do not apply to anything done in the course of providing a programme service (within the meaning of the Broadcasting Act 1990 (c. 42)).

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2003/21/section/127

and the OFT/TS via consumer direct.

40 Punishment for unlawful harassment of debtors. E+W

(1)A person commits an offence if, with the object of coercing another person to pay money claimed from the other as a debt due under a contract, he—

(a)harasses the other with demands for payment which, in respect of their frequency or the manner or occasion of making any such demand, or of any threat or publicity by which any demand is accompanied, are calculated to subject him or members of his family or household to alarm, distress or humiliation;

(b)falsely represents, in relation to the money claimed, that criminal proceedings lie for failure to pay it;

©falsely represents himself to be authorised in some official capacity to claim or enforce payment; or

(d)utters a document falsely represented by him to have some official character or purporting to have some official character which he knows it has not.

(2)A person may be guilty of an offence by virtue of subsection (1)(a) above if he concerts with others in the taking of such action as is described in that paragraph, notwithstanding that his own course of conduct does not by itself amount to harassment.

(3)Subsection (1)(a) above does not apply to anything done by a person which is reasonable (and otherwise permissible in law) for the purpose—

(a)of securing the discharge of an obligation due, or believed by him to be due, to himself or to persons for whom he acts, or protecting himself or them from future loss; or

(b)of the enforcement of any liability by legal process.

(4)A person guilty of an offence under this section shall be liable on summary conviction to a fine of not more than £100, and on a second or subsequent conviction to a fine of not more than £400.

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1970/31/section/40

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!