LLoyds Bank Charges

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6487 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have received a letter from LLoyds to day saying that extra charges are part of normal business practice, and insinuating that I should keep a better eye on my financies to prevent this happening ( this is true ) but sometime unavoidable. They go on to say that they are always open to talking about increasing the overdraft. Which I tried to do, I also wrote to them telling them that the charges were crippling me and could they help. I did get a phone call telling me that the charges stood but that was all. They also said that they did not agree with the OFT guidlines as the charges were not penalties they are fixed standard charges for the service they provide in these situations. They hope that I can see that the charges system is as fair as possible, but that they are unable to refund my charges. But that if I am still unhappy they can help refer my complaint to the Financial Ombusman Service. So if they don't hear from me before 31st October 2006, they will assume that matter has been resolved.

Now I am dithering, I really don't know what to do. I could really do with the money back. But am a bit of a scardy cat. The thought of Court Action quite frankly scarys me to death.

Anyone else in the same boat.

And has anybody banking with LLoyds ever got their money back.

:confused: :confused:

Hi go to the lloyds forum section and read up on some threads. Loads of people have had thier money returned, don't be scared of the courts the banks normally give in before the court appearence date if it gets that far. I had my charges refunded by Halifax within a week of doing the money claim form on line, but it seems Lloyds like to make us wait. Good luck and happy reading.