aic

ragdave
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4961 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

can any one help, i sent aic a letter to request my credit agreement in may 2009, i waited 4 weeks and nothing, i never sent the follow on letter, is this wrong? i got a text from the yesterday (2-11-10) to say i need to contact them, after hearing nothing for 18 months. i contacted them, said i had never recieved the credit agreement, they said they sent it to my old address on the 29th july 2009. they say they still have the right to collect the out standing ballance, where do i stand.

sorry about spelling!!!

ragdave

These are just ideas...

Ask them for the exact date they sent it out, in writing. If it's over the statutory time limit (May to July? could be), point this out to them and ask them to send it again, seeing as they're in breach.

Also point out that you can't proceed until you have a copy, irrespective of where it ended up, so could they send a dupe. If they want another £1, give it to them. Make it very clear that you are not going to discuss the debt until you have a copy, and if they go to court you are quite prepared to ask for a stay until you jolly well have one.

Ask them why they are actioning this now and not 18 months ago as you have already demonstrated you are co-operating by asking for a copy of the agreement.

Has some sort of interest been running for the 18 months?

[They do lie about calls at least, if not post - I caught them at it. They never answered my complaint at all, their client did, and moved me to a new DCA, so I was rid of 'em. :-) ]

DO NOT DEAL WITH THEM ON THE PHONE - they delete calls and deny they ever happened. I also had one of 'em calling from their mobile, I suspect so it wouldn't be recorded.