fined for not having tax when i sold the motorbike 1yr ago HELP!!!

honey loop
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4968 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I sold my bike 1yr ago and dvla sent me a letter saying I have been fined, I sent them the letter back saying it is my fault and I should have filled in some forms and sent off the right details of the new owners. I was told by the dealers that they would sort everything out and they have not.

the bike was only mine for 1week before I told them I wanted a new one which because it was faulty, I do not want to go back to them as they are real **** heads and lazy bums, is there any other way I can give dvla proof that the bike is not mine.

Please help.

Did you not think something was amiss when the VED Renewal Form arrived?

Unfortunately, once you become the RK, it is your responsibility (and no other) to ensure that you are removed from the database. You would do this by confirming that you had handed it back, (the 'Trade' slip), and that would be an end to it. If you still have the V5, you'll justly be hit with the CR fine, unless you gave it to the original dealer, in which case let them sort it out.