Equidebt driving me cuckoo please someone help.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4895 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear Sir/madam,

Thank you for your letter dated dd/mm/yyyy the contents of which have been ridiculed and noted, copies have also been forwarded to the OFT TS and ICO.

Unfortunately I am unable to accept your audacious offer of a reduced payment of 80% as you are very well aware of the statute of limitations act.

I therefore remind you of the limitations act and you may wish to refresh your memory on it, or ask an adult to explain it to you, either way you are most definitely barking up the wrong tree....

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Dear Sir/madam,

Thank you for your letter dated dd/mm/yyyy the contents of which have been ridiculed and noted, copies have also been forwarded to the OFT TS and ICO.

Unfortunately I am unable to accept your audacious offer of a reduced payment of 80% as you are very well aware of the statute of limitations act.

I therefore remind you of the limitations act and you may wish to refresh your memory on it, or ask an adult to explain it to you, either way you are most definitely barking up the wrong tree....

:rofl:

The villany you teach me, I will execute, and it shall go hard but I will better the instruction.

That letter is cracking lol.

I was tempted to put all my junk mail-pizza leaflets etc in the prepaid envelope they sent for him to respond too ha ha ,

To think how terrified I was when all this started with the threats of doorstep collections ,field agents and legal bla bla bla ,I just wish everyone who received these threats etc could have access to this site as it is worth its weight in gold.I thank you all so much for your help and will update on any response I receive .

Liss xx

• 2 months later...

Hiya All,

The scumbags decided to respond to my last letter which was dated 14th November ,my partner received their response on the morning of his fathers funeral Friday just gone-yeah nice timing er not !

Anyway they have sent a cd recording of my partner agreeing to phone them back to discuss a payment back in August -they claim this has revived the limitations limit to a further 6 years -what to do now?????? Soooooo dont need any added stress at the moment .

Thanks in advance

Lissy x

so he was going to phone back and discuss a payment, but then discovered that the debt was stat barred and he didnt, so what they going to do, file under ignore, they are getting desperate for any cash they can lay hands on.

if they persist then send this

Dear idiots

Please note a recording of my partenr stating he would call back does not un-bar a statute barred debt, if you are unsure of the regulations regarding statute barred debts then I would advise you to re-consider your employment because you are clearly unfit to hold a credit licence.

I now require your complaints procedure Again, and rest assured that this time I will be complaining to all the elevant authorities on your conduct to date.

You have to hand it to them, their sheer stupidity and utter incompetence MUST beat "Valid even if not read by you" What a foolish inept puerile company...

Laugh! Ha I did a little squirt of wee in my pants!

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Time to report them again to the OFT and trading standards – they are not stating the true legal position, and are breaking OFT guidelines on SB debts. It can never become un-SB once it is SB. They are, for want of a milder phrase, lying in order to try and get money out of you. Which I think comes pretty close to extortion. And I have chosen my words carefully.

They have already lied to you once about the CCJ being in place. This second breach cannot be another admin error.

Go get the feckers.

Edited by DonkeyB
Typo. Again. Durr.

I have been thinking about this, and I would try and get them to hang themselves further, then go get them.

So try this approach

Dear fools

I am unsure how you come to the conclusion that a debt once statute barred becomes un-barred, so I would appreciate it if you would forward me the specific item of legislation you are relying on, when you state that a phone recording, which by the way I do not remember being told that my call was being recorded, makes a clearly statute barred debt, collectable again.

I put it to you that you are trying by unfair means to extort monies from me, firstly by stating quite clearly in a letter dated xxx that there was a CCJ awarded against me, which by your own admissions was an "adminitrative error" and now by claiming a phone recording taken after the 6 year period of a debt becoming statute barred, un-bars a debt.

If I do not hear from you within 14 days of this letter with the SPECIFIC piece of legislation, or an apology, I will take it that you have in fact lied again, and I will report you to every authority I can, which will include, the OFT, Trading Standards, The FSA, and your own regulatory body the CSA, and any newspaper that feels this conduct is unsatisfactory.

I have also taken the liberty to forward your letter and my reply to my local MP. (add this if you want to)

I trust I make myself clear, which is something you and your company seems unable to do.

Needs reporting. Pure and simple deceit of the highest order. Breaking every rule that they are supposed to adhere too. Please, please, please report this, otherwise they will go on and do it to someone else who maybe doesn't have the help of the Cagger's and falls victim to this B*llsh*t. Im glad you have found help, now please help others by reporting it.

Regards

Mr Ink.

I have been thinking about this, and I would try and get them to hang themselves further, then go get them.

So try this approach

Dear fools

I am unsure how you come to the conclusion that a debt once statute barred becomes un-barred, so I would appreciate it if you would forward me the specific item of legislation you are relying on, when you state that a phone recording, which by the way I do not remember being told that my call was being recorded, makes a clearly statute barred debt, collectable again.

I put it to you that you are trying by unfair means to extort monies from me, firstly by stating quite clearly in a letter dated xxx that there was a CCJ awarded against me, which by your own admissions was an "adminitrative error" and now by claiming a phone recording taken after the 6 year period of a debt becoming statute barred, un-bars a debt.

If I do not hear from you within 14 days of this letter with the SPECIFIC piece of legislation, or an apology, I will take it that you have in fact lied again, and I will report you to every authority I can, which will include, the OFT, Trading Standards, The FSA, and your own regulatory body the CSA, and any newspaper that feels this conduct is unsatisfactory.

I have also taken the liberty to forward your letter and my reply to my local MP. (add this if you want to)

I trust I make myself clear, which is something you and your company seems unable to do.

Lovely PGH – but I would copy the letter and the past correspondence to all the bodies listed anyway!

P.S Pursue me at your peril please do, I will have you issued with a P45 quicker than you can dream up any more fabricated responses.

thats a nice personal touch bb - i like that as a ps to that letter above!!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Right peeps ,thank you very much for your responses ,I will get this letter sent off and also am going to definatly report this to the ts and oft ,these people are parasites .

It took them 2 months to think up their response to my previous letter and yet they expect me to reply within 14 days-jokers eh.

Will keep you informed of any response I receive .

One quick question ..they wouldnt be able to sent court baliffs round as no ccj could be obtained now but can they employ private baliffs to come round?

Ta

Lissy xx

That would be the cherry on the cake as far as complaining. They can send who they like, they have no right of access to your house, you can tell them politely where to go and then ring the police stating harrassement. That should just about do it........