Parking Eye lawyers issued a "take it down now" threat against my blog

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4980 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Well, a quick Google of MLaw would suggest a legit firm. Their blurb reads

London based law firm with particular expertise in providing legal advice in relation to print and broadcast media, sport, film and TV, ...

Chances are that they're doing a basic threatening letter and relying on the fact that you/your webhost won't risk confrontation. I like the placement of your blog on MSE. After all, it's a site full of similar stories and opinions. You're just adding yours.

The defence is "fair comment"

Indeed, but Parkign Eye have yet to identify words that are even defamatory.

Post by me are intended as a discussion of the issues involved, as these are of general interest to me and others on the forum. Although it is hoped such discussion will be of use to readers, before exposing yourself to risk of loss you should not rely on any principles discussed without confirming the situation with a qualified person.

Another friend has also copied the blog post and put it up on her US-hosted blog. In addition I've requested a lot of information from my host, including the exact wording that's claimed to be defamatory and the reasons for *why* it's claimed to be defamatory. Also a 14-day limit before any takedown to permit me to seek legal advice and perhaps an injunction to prevent them doing so. All of which I gather I'm actually legally entitled to.

My host, One&One, are refusing/unable to provide the exact wording on the post that is allegedly "defamatory". I am investigating moving my blog onto a server hosted overseas, as offered by a nice person on another forum ;)

Thanks, Snowy :) Someone else has also archived it in the Discussion area of the Facebook group "You Don't Have To Pay Parking Tickets!"

My host are being useless and won't even give me the wording of the take-down notice which should state exactly what wording is allegedly defamatory and in what way. As such, I'm investigating moving the blog to a host elsewhere, recommended by someone on another forum.

That'll p*ss them off.

Cancelled - sorreee!

Edited by sameagle
Cancelled

All of these are on behalf of a friend.. Cabot - [There's no CCA!]

CapQuest - [There's no CCA!]

Barclays - Zinc, [There's no CCA!]

Robinson Way - Written off!

NatWest - Written off!

Well, I'll shortly be replacing the article (at the same URL to prevent breaking the link) with an explanation of why it's no longer there... along with links to the two off-site locations where the article is mirrored.

Hit on article prior to complaint - 40

Hits as of now - 405

Hits on MSE.com's mirror - 265

Plus friend's blog traffic trebled.

Thanks for that link. I think I'll replace my post with a list of links to articles detailing what a bunch of twunts they are...

Someone else has advised me that it may be worth suing them for libel as they have incorrectly claimed that what I have written is defamatory. Oh, I wish I had the cash or a free lawyer!

New post up - same URL as before. Let's see if I get a take-down order for that. I've also emailed One&One complaining about their poor service and that I feel I have been libelled by M Law as they *stated* that I had defamed their client.