SFE help? Eligibility for loans when you've already taken 3 years worth of support but not completed degree Q.

silly11
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4974 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I've got a couple of questions regarding funding, very briefly these are my circumstances;

* I did a BA between 2000 and 2003.

* I took three years worth of maintenance loans, but paid tuition myself.

* I didn't complete the degree for personal reasons.

* I haven't earned over 15k in the intervening years (actually, I think I made two payments back in 2005 as I was in a slightly higher paid job)

* I've since started another degree at a different university in a different field. I'm in my first year and started at the beginning of this month.

* I've had to look into funding unexpectedly - the best laid plans and all that...

So, I've been looking through the practitioners section of the SFE site, and it seems that;

(i) I can get full funding for the third year of my course but not years one or two?

(ii) For years one and two, it seems that although I didn't take a tuition fee before, I won't be eligible for one now, nor a Maintenance Grant. But possibly a Maintenance Loan still? To be honest, that would be fine as working part time (just) covers my living costs, but I can't work out what on earth I'm going to do about the £3.3k tuition fee each year for the first two years.

Have I got (i) and (ii) right?

Any help would be gratefully received - I'm going cross eyed trying to sift the information I need for that site, and the student advice centre at my uni are getting a bit baffled too :biggrin1:

Many thanks in advance.