Waddy1952 -v- Ashbourne Mgt

waddy1952
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4893 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

If you're doing the letter on the computer, then make the first line of the text 'Ashbourne Management' in bold.

All you need tell them is that you asked to cancel the contract due to a deteriorating condition and what it is, and this is what you are receiving in return.

• 1 month later...

Hi Slick and Connif,

Not to be rude, but I was hoping that I wouldn't need to contact you again, but no such luck. I did as you suggested and wrote to OFT enclosing a copy of Ashbournes last letter to me. I since had a reply from OFT confirming their intended County Court Action, but they could not comment on idividual cases. Fair enough. However in the pot today the latest missif from Ashbourne has arrived, informing me they have instigated Default Registration of my 'debt' my name to a 'Credit Reference Agency' They go on to tell me that if I pay in full IMMEDIATELY the Default Registration will be removed. If I do not, 'registration will be confirmed and this wil affect' my 'credit rating for the next six years '

My instinct is to ignore this letter, but am I wise to do so?

Regards Waddy.

Ashbourne are a management company only, who think they have thought up a way to make easy money by looking after the financial side of gyms. Their standard of literacy is shown by the supposed contracts that they issue. They have one tool in their meagre toolbox and that is to register defaults in the hope that it will frighten clients into payment, they actually cite that very thing in their promotion

Minimise bad debts through the use of Default Registration as a sanction

They are just another company who think they have found a way to riches by misguidedly praying on those with a financial problem and will not give one iota about the ability to pay or the reason why payments cannot be made, even going against their own purile contract in some instances.

Yes, I would suggest you ignore this letter and we will see about legally getting them to remove the default later should they carry their threat through.

Have you done anything about a Dr letter? They can charge for it but don't have to and will usually waive the charge if things are hard. Ask, it can do no harm.

Edited by Conniff

You should keep an eye on your CRA files, to check for any Default being registered.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

• 1 month later...

Really pleased to hear that.........and I agree, I think they're are scaremongering people into paying. They are good at it, as many wouldn't bother to look into it on forums such as this.

Hope that's the end of it for you now (as mine is just beginning! Ha!)