Is there a follow up if no agreement rcd after CCA letter?

Prudence
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4995 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

If a DCA cannot produce a copy of the agreement, can they/are they likely do anything? Can they go to Court?/Issue us with a Default/ or CCJ? Is there a follow-up letter I should send? Although they can't produce the agreements, I am receiving very threatening letters from two DCAs. We were paying them nominal amounts for several years till a few months ago when I sent them the CCA letters.

Many thanks, Pru

Hi Pru,

If you sent a CCA and either had no response or a CCA that did not have the full prescribed terms then you can place the account into dispute.

The account in-dispute letter is in the templates section (2nd top tool bar marked library, then right tool bar under debt collection).

Post by recorded delivery, print your name only and do not sign.

As to any court action, it's upto them but without a valid CCA they are stuffed but will cross that bridge if it ever happens.

Other caggers may correct me on this one but I think that a creditor/DCA can still place a default and continue to send a threatogram even when no valid CCA is present but they cannot process anymore data to the CRA's.

With regard to the threatening letters, just ignore, most likely full of if's and may's and some may be valid even if not read by you lol!

Have you checked your credit report recently, if not best to request a copy, if you have moved recently or within a year or so just to check that no CCJ's have been slipped on by default using a previous address but I doubt it because you are still recieving threatograms with CCJ threats.

Best Wishes

Stigman

NEVER telephone a DCA

If a DCA rings you, refuse to go through the security questions & hang up!

If I have helped you, click on the star & say thank you

Thankyou Stigman. You say that a DCA could still place a default and then go on to say 'but they cannot process anymore data to the CRAs'. Does that mean they could still place a default on our credit file & then afterwards cannot process anymore data to the CRA's? Forgive my ignorance, it's just we cannot afford any more defaults/CCJ on our record, we have spent years trying desperately to clean it up after a failed business & run of bad luck. We are now stuck with data from Welcome Finance which we are trying to shake off and a 'satisfield' CCJ & a default from a couple of years ago. We don't have the years to wait for these things to disappear and they seriously affect our credit rating, we just can't do anything, even tho we have had a mortgage for the last 9 years which we pay regularly, etc. I am absolutely sickened with it all. Thanks for helping.