Low rate Mortgage Payments mislead over period to continue paying

reminder
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5004 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Due to financial difficulties I moved back with my kids to my parents. I decided to rent my house and as I am in work would make up the shortfall. Not renting would mean I could not afford the payments.

I have kept in constant contact with my bank throughout all of this. 6 months ago as my tenants were getting ready to leave I was discussing my situation on the telephone with my bank. I said that I wanted to sell the house but would need a reduced monthly payment. They agreed to this and over the phone they said that this reduced payment would last as long as long as it took to sell the house.

Recently I had a visit from the bank advisor who as nice as he was said that I was now in arrears and technically they could force a repossession. I explained that I would put it back up for rent. He would put forward these recommendations to the bank.

I understand that the banks ultimately will get their money back but the arrears where accrued cos of the bank telling me the reduced rate would be effective until house sold.

Is there anything I can do to clear those arrears? I also need the time to rent (which I would have continued to do had the reduced rate not be granted), without the banks hassling me due to their verbal mistake which led to the arrears and a bank's 'trigger point'.

Many thanks in advance

jane