CCJ Removal

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4984 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Apologies if I have this in the wrong place, I am looking for some advice on whether to pursue getting a CCJ removed?

I have ended up with two CCJ's for a total of £3000 for unpaid service charge. they have been paid in full and I have the certificates of satisfaction.

My issue is that I never knew I had them. I bought a property to rent out back in 2006. I got a tenant in straight away and employed a management company to take care of it all for me.

I informed the mortgage company and the property company that I did not live at the address and basically left it at that, money was coming in everything seemed fine. It wasn't until last year (2009) that I realised something was up. I got a routine credit check as I was after a car loan as found that I had not only a 6 month deficit on my mortgage but I had 2 CCJ's from 2007 and 2008.

I rang the court and they gave me the details of the CCJ's and I also contacted the mortgage company as I had never missed a payment. They informed me that they had paid the outstanding amounts and had then added the deficit to the mortgage. i paid the outstanding immediately however i realised the damage was done.

I contacted the management company who said they had sent the demands to the flat. I argued that I didn't live there etc but as far as they were concerned the matter was closed however i owed £1500 for 2009 and that they were going to start court action to recover. I paid that as well and gave them my new address and contact details once again (they say they never received before).

Now I accept that this is partly my fault - I did not read the management pack properly otherwise I would have known that i was responsible for paying the service charge. I put the flat on the market at Rent (not including any bills).I also had issues with the tenant who turned into a nightmare and wasn't paying the rent which resulted in me going to cour to serve a section 21 to evict so he wasn't passing on any letters that were addressed to me to management company.

I maintain that if I had received any letter, phone call etc I would have paid the monies owed however I went on in blissful ignorance about the whole thing. the upshot is that my credit is annihilated and all in all with the unpaid rent and damaged done to the flat the entire episode has cost me near on £16000!

Is there anything I can do? the satisfaction certificates have done zero for my rating, I want to try for removal but have heard that you can get fined heavily if they go against it?

My mortgage also shows 6 months in arrears from last yea on my file with a delinquent balance of 136k even though i have never missed payment?

Advice appreciated

I unfortunately have no advice and am sadly in a situation where I did fall behind on my mortgage, went to court and set up a payment plan on top of the monthly mortgage amount. Sadly it is showing up on my credit report that my mortgage has defaulted and there is no sign of it showing I have made a payment plan with them and am now up to date. I have been in touch with experian but unfortunately they have been no help.