style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4997 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I have a similar case with my council tax payment, only that I initially missed a payment in June 2010, and did not contact them, at the time I was going through a very difficult time, they sent me letters asking me to pay the lot so I filled out a form requesting to pay in instalments, usually I pay £93 amonth but when they responded I have been told to pay £241 a month which is well beyond what I can afford.

A liability order has come through requesting I pay the whole lot, i did not bother responding to them as I was hoping and looking for a way to raise the cash, in the process they have now contacted me again saying if I do not pay by the 20th Sept a bailliff will be visiting me.

I am now scared as I do not know what to do as I know I can't clear the whole £963 which they have now declared that i should pay up.

Can you please advise how I can approach the situation and sotp living in fear.

I'm assuming that the bailiff has not been yet, here's an idea of what to do when they come calling.

"DEALING WITH BAILIFFS ON YOUR DOORSTEP

1. ALWAYS! Keep your door LOCKED SHUT at all times. NEVER open the door to a bailiff - speak to him through a window or the letterbox

2. ALWAYS! Hide your car - in the garage or park it well away

3. ALWAYS! Take photographs of the bailiff and his vehicle, even better use a camcorder and video-record EVERYTHING

4. ALWAYS! Speak as LITTLE AS POSSIBLE and let the bailiff do the talking

5. ALWAYS! Ask for his bailiff's certificate number

6. ALWAYS! Ask which court issued his certificate

7. ALWAYS! Ask for a full breakdown of his fees IN WRITING

8. ALWAYS! Ask who the creditor is (if you don't know)

9. ALWAYS! Pay using a credit card, avoid cash and debit cards if possible

10. ALWAYS! If you have grounds, get an appeal lodged immediately (parking tickets) - it stops enforcement

1. NEVER! Sign any documents handed to you by a bailiff

2. NEVER! Phone a bailiff (unless asking him which Court issued his certificate)

3. NEVER! Admit any debt

4. NEVER! Say or "confirm" your name address or date of birth

this is very good advice originally posted by Happy Contrails"

Are you on any Benefits, is there anyone in the household who is ill or has a disability? Are you a single parent with young children? Is there anything else in your circumstances that may make you "vulnerable".

The Bailiff is a lar & a cheat do not believe anything he says. You can still pay the Council direct using their online or automated phone systems. If you do this pay a regular amount on a regular basis at a level you can afford and sustain. You may have to budget for some Bailiff fees as if you just simply ignore him and don't let him in the most he can then charge you is £24-50 1st Visit and £18-00 2nd Visit - he can make another 100 visits but can charge no more.

PT

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thank you for your response,this is very helpful, at the moment the bailiffs have not been.

I am a single mum of 3, but I am not on benefits, I do have a car in my driveway can they take

this away without my consent?

I am prepared to pay little amoubnt 0f money directly to the council.

Thank you for your response,this is very helpful, at the moment the bailiffs have not been.

I am a single mum of 3, but I am not on benefits, I do have a car in my driveway can they take

this away without my consent?

I am prepared to pay little amoubnt 0f money directly to the council.

Is the car on any finance or Motability - if so they cannot take it but you will have to provide proof of finance. If not on finance you need to move it well away from your home - a good 10 minutes walk or so or into a communal car park where there may be another 20 cars or so. Beware of anyone "scouting" possibly in a van of any description. Make sure any other goods lying outside are put away. If you are prepared and adopt a siege like mentality now, you can defeat him when he comes.

PT

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]