Credit card charges

craigers
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4988 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I contacted Santander to request a full refund of all the unlawful charges on my cahoot credit card totalling £xxx plus statutory interest at 8%. Santander have replied saying they will refund £xxx-200 plus the statutory interest at 8%. They also say

"This is in full and final setlement of your complaint of your complaint regarding the charges incurred. A cheque for this amount will be sent to our customer's home address within the next 28 working days.

I have enclosed a leaflet about the FOS, in case you are not happy with my investigation or decision. If so, you should contact them within six months of the date of this letter..."

By my very rough calculations (not got my original claim to hand), their figure is £300-350 short of my claim. Can I cash the cheque and still go to the FOS for the remainder? Or is their wording clever in the knowledge the FOS will side with them by saying I accepted a F&F? Nowhere does it say I can accept or reject their offer, so they're sending the cheque regardless.

your choice

you can reject the cheque and off to the FOS

or you can accept it as a partial payment and off to the FOS

eitherway you should inform them first

esp if you accept the cheque

they must ack that it is only in relation to a partial settlement.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 4 weeks later...

ok, original claim to hand. what they've done is refund the overlimit charges but haven't looked at late payment fees. letter in the post today. they'd be stupid not to refund because i'm sure the fos would take my complaint and the fos fee is more than what i'm asking for.

• 2 weeks later...

oh dear! letter back from santander saying they aren't refunding the other fees as they are over six years old. this is despite the fact that the refunded overlimit fees are from 2002-3 which is... 7-8 years ago!

one more letter to send pointing out this fact and that the fos will investigate complaints "six years from the event the consumer is complaining about (or – if later – three years from when they knew, or could reasonably have known, they had cause to complain)", and that i am confident they will investigate, charging santander £500 for the privilege, which is more than what i'm asking to be refunded.