Pulled over By Police

Mozz1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4969 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi. I have been pulled over by the police. I advertently made a dangerous albeit low speed manouvre. No accident or 'owt but sadly I perchance happened to overtake a police car in a queue of traffic (I thought the queue were parked up cars but they were in fact waiting at road works).

Ok, so the police car puts on its sirens, horns, lights the works and pulls me over. Its like The Sweeney or something. 2 really ****ed off coppers get out and say I might be done for dangerous driving. Quite unpleasant situation. They do the checks on my tax, licence, insurance etc. They say they will let me get away with it because I was not intentionally trying to kill anyone. I'm given no papers and can drive away.

Questions: can the old bill change their minds and send me a notice of intended prosecution in the post? Do they do that kind of thing? ie telling the motorist "forget it" and then prosecuting anyway?

Was I cautioned? Does a caution have to involve paperwork or can it be verbal?

Will they keep a record of this occurance on their computers for the rest of my life?

Mozzone

Taking on the bloodsuckers

Hi Mozz1.......... Don't panic,,,,, relax. From what you have described you were properly stopped and your explanation seemed to be Ok because you were let go when everything checked out. They may have logged you as a 'verbal warning' but that is all. Unless they issued you with a FPN or told you were being reported for an offence then the likelihood is that you were not. If they checked you out on the Police National Computer then there will be a log of the check and who did it an where and a few other things but if you are thinking you have a criminal record then simply..... you have not.

Sleep easy you are just another figure and nothing more.

• Confused 1

cheers mate. thats reassuring. it was so embarrassing its unreal. thats punishment 'nuff without having to fret over an unexpected letter. So thanks for putting my mind at rest.

Mozzone

Taking on the bloodsuckers

• 1 month later...