late notification of deductions and cleaning bill not matching checkout report - PLEASE help

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5022 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, we're being charged a 100 pound deduction for the following cleaning bill, should we just swallow it despite more being done than substantiated by checkout report?

Please excuse the "screaming", I am just trying to differentiate my comments from the invoice's:.

-To clean windows internally - NOT MENTIONED ON CHECKOUT. I CLEANED THE WINDOWS THOROUGHLY MYSELF SO THIS IS UNFOUNDED

-To surface clean kitchen and all fittings - CHECKOUT ONLY MENTIONS BURNT RESIDUE ON ONE RING AROUND THE BACK RH HOB AND THE GRILL PAN, THIS IS TOTALLY UNFOUNDED AS THE KITCHEN WAS OTHERWISE ABSOLUTELY TIPTOP!

-To clean oven, hob, extractor - PERHAPS FAIR, AS THERE WAS SOME BURNT RESIDUE ON GRILLPAN AND ONE HOBRING WHICH WE WERE UNABLE TO REMOVE DESPITE GREAT EFFORT.

-To remove cobwebs, clean skirting, light fittings - OK, FAIR ENOUGH, THERE WERE SOME COBWEBS AND WE MISSED SOME SKIRTING BOARDS

-To surface clean toilet, bath, shower - CHECKOUT REPORT MENTIONS 3 SMALL CASES OF LIMESCALE (SHOWER HOSE, BOTTOM OF SHOWER DOOR AND SPOT INSIDE ONE TOILET). ASIDE FROM THAT THESE AREAS WERE SPOTLESS.

-To clean , dust, vacuum house, unfurnished - NO VACUUMING WAS NEEDED, NOR DUSTING ASIDE FROM A SINGLE WINDOWSILL WHICH WE OVERLOOKED, VERY VERY PETTY.

In addition to this they are charging us 150 pounds for carpet cleaning despite the LA telling us over the phone that it would cost about 100 when we asked. This is as much as doube the quotes I received when calling around for prices, but unfortunately we ran out of time and weren't able to do this ourselves.

Perhaps this seems petty to some, but we've had a load of hassle with acquiring this information (cf my other post). We handed over on the 17th of August and only got the bill for deductions today! This is despite the contract stating we should be notified within 10 working days.

Thanks in advance for any advice!!

Will someone please advise us? If no reply comes in soon I guess we'll just have to swallow having to pay the whole 250 - which stings given the attitude we've had from the LA.

Why put a notification of deductions deadline into leases if they mean sod all?

£100 even for those areas you have accepted are your responsibility doesnt seem hugely unreasonable.

There is not penalty for late notification.

The increase in carpet cleaning cost is not really applicable - they advised roughly how much it would be, they didnt make a binding contract by stating this.

IMHO - not a huge amount to quibble over.

7 years in retail customer service

Expertise in letting and rental law for 6 years

By trade - I'm an IT engineer working in the housing sector.

Please note that any posts made by myself are for information only and should not and must not be taken as correct or factual. If in doubt, consult with a solicitor or other person of equal legal standing.

Please click the star if I have helped!!