Debts in differenty name

coco74
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5016 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have recently been put on the electorol register and have started receiving a bill from Lowell Portfolio in Leeds(2 in 2 weeks), the letter is spelt totally different than my name and i do not have any recollection of a debt with this comapny.

Where do I stand on this?

I have recently been put on the electorol register at my new address and have received 2 bills in 2 weeks from a company called Lowell Portfolio in Leeds.

The debts are addressed in a different spelled name to mine and wondered where I stand on this?

They're probably looking for someone with that slightly different name and have sent letters to absolutely everyone who might be them. You could ignore, but they will keep writing to you, you could return the correspondence marked 'no such person at this address' but they will keep writing to you, or you could write to them by recorded delivery stating that you are not the person they are looking for and have no knowledge of any such debt, but they will still keep writing to you.

The only advantage to the last is that you have evidence that you tried to resolve the problem for when you sue them for harassment.

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

Thanks, I have sent a letter asking for any information they may think they have as to my so called debt. It's basically a put up or shut up and the harassment part is a good one. They have sent 2 letters in a fortnight.

Next one they send if you must open it do it very carefully have a look at what they say seal it back down and write return to send no such person at this address put it back in the box and see what happens.

If you don't know the debt and are sure it's not you thats what i would do.

DG

I have no legal training my knowledge comes from my personal life experiences

Please help keep the forum alive by making a donation