15 K Lost in 7 days with Barclays Stockbrokers

BuyArt
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5030 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am 21yo and about to become a student again. I have diagnosed depression and am on a high level of anti-depressants. My therapy recently ended and I am awaiting to start a new group therapy. The medication has developed what I have described to my therapists as a mania. With lack of support I simply almost do not know what I am doing. I am so confused and vulnerable.

I am terrified of what a debt like this is going to do to my mental health. I am also worried what Barclays are going to do about their missing money (at least £9,000) . I feel seriously stupid but I also feel seriously exploited and vulnerable. Lately I have been not sleeping at all and having anxiety. I have just been in a manic state and sometimes I am unable to remember what I have been doing. I do not drink alcohol or take illegal substances just the prescribed medication. Now I have lost all of their money and if I show them evidence can they waive the debt? Are they legally obligated as I am sick? I take responsibility and am willing to repay but at a long term rate.

In a manic episode I discovered my Barclays Stockbroker account that I opened over a year ago. My dealing limit was £7,500 of Barclays Brokers money that ascended to £15,000. I carried out over 21 trades in less than 3 days. I made no profit from my activities. I have mental health issues. I admit I did not disclose my illness to Barclays however I feel that I need support now.

What should I do? I am awaiting further support for my issues that I have raised with my doctors and therapists. I have had no support whilst I await new therapy and this has when I have just lost control and done this to myself. Help me please. I do not want to get worse. I do not want to lose out on university. I do not want to upset and dissapoint my parents.

Advise me on how to approach Barclays.

Oh please as I need it!

I cannot believe what I have done to myself...Is it possible there are any legal loopholes so I can get Barclays to waive the lost money?

I am just coming out of an episode of mania and I truly cannot believe what I have done. Surely there are things in place to protect me. I am recieving treatment whilst trying to understand fully what is wrong with me. I am vulnerable. Though I also understand I am responsible for my actions.

I was desperate before I found this website. I feared the worst such as court action and bailiffs but I found alot of help through this site. Not just from advise given to me by caggers but also through reading the debt forums.

Hang on in there. :-)

]