Laptop Faulty Tesco Wont Act!

tom3131
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6480 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hey everyone.

Tesco wont do anything with my faulty laptop.

Read a copy of my letter to Tesco below:

http://www.freewebs.com/tom3131/upload%20tesco%20letter.doc

Any thoughts/suggestions?

Thanks.

Tom.

Before you take any legal action, please read through the

FAQ's, then if you dont understand something, please ask for advice ;) .

If theres a thread in which you think I could help, please PM me using the Private Messaging facility in the top right hand corner of the screen.

Advice & opinions of tom3131, The Consumer Action Group and The Bank Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you ha

Still reading but this word should be their and not there

I informed the staff that should Tesco not honor there contract with me,

. The staff member also informed me that Trading Standards would agree with there stance

Acer informed me that the 1 year warranty wasn't valid without a receipt.

TBH I haven't read your whole letter as others more knowledgable than me have alreadly answered. Regardless of the legal rights and wrongs, my daughter bought an Acer laptop from Tesco, and Tesco told us Acer would deal with it.

Phoned Acer, under the guarantee and they handled the repair quickly and efficiently. No problems since, and they replaced the cable FOC.

I must admit I too would deal with the computer issue and staff rudeness issue separately, as different people would deal with each issue.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

UPDATE EVERYONE:-

This evening, I took my original letter, in person to my local Tesco store.

I asked to see the manager to hand it to her personally, she asked the customer service lady, on the phone, what I wanted to speak to her about.

She came down, new exactly who I had spoke to, and then asked me if I'd be happy to come to her office.

We went up, and she apoligized for the attitiude of her staff and said that she will be personally investigating.

I handed her my letter, she read through and told me how astonished she was by the way I had been treated, I then informed her that I had emailed the letter to officers at Trading Standards who were investigating.

She called up Acer from her office, demanded to know why they didnt offer to repair it when it was manufactured in August 05.

The bloke on the phone passed the call onto his boss at Acer, who apoligized to me and offered to have my laptop collected first thing tomorrow, repaired, and returned within 10 days. He also said that the usual turn around time was 15-20 working days but assured me that he'd personally see to it and make sure my repair was speeded up.

Tesco have offered me an apology letter from the staff involved, and a set of £50's worth of vouchers to use against non food items.

So my laptop is being picked up tomorrow.

Thank God :rolleyes: . I was missing her already :D .

Thanks for all your suggestions.

Kind regards,

(a happy) Tom3131. :D

Before you take any legal action, please read through the

FAQ's, then if you dont understand something, please ask for advice ;) .

If theres a thread in which you think I could help, please PM me using the Private Messaging facility in the top right hand corner of the screen.

Advice & opinions of tom3131, The Consumer Action Group and The Bank Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you ha

Result Tom. I thought they would sort it to be honest, but nice to get the vouchers too.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.