£50 sandwich

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5005 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I went into a retail park today for a sandwich, when I came out I had a ticket on my car, and having read it it would seem I have 14 days to pay £50 or it will go up to £80, so it was an expensive sandwich!

According to the ticket, I was parked in a disabled bay, well I am disabled so I would be wouldnt I, but I did neglect to display my badge, the ticket just says 'parked in a disabled bay' and makes no mention of a badge so dont know if thats important.

It was issued by 'parking eye'.

Having read the forums it seems the usual advise is 'ignore' so do you think that applies in this case or should I write to them pointing out I have a badge?

Yes. Even if you felt justified and said you had a Blue Badge, it wasn't displayed so they'd keep on at you. By not responding they lose interest after 8 or so letters. Up here in Scotland Disabled Bays will soon have legal protection (on private ground) so it's worth using it if you have it, as it will save a forest of unwanted letters, and legitimate fines (later!).

According to the ticket it was issued at 10:57am but I was filling up at the petrol station at 11:07am and have the receipt to prove it, it's then a 5 minute drive to the retail park so I wasn't even there when they say they issued the ticket.

It DOESN'T MATTER - even if it did, there is leeway anyway as any time would need to be a 'reasonable indication' not atomic time to the second. It is there to assist you in knowing roughly when the Invoice was issued nothing more. If you feel this invalidated the invoice, you're wrong! Ignore, it probably is a ploy to MAKE you write and complain that 'the time is wrong'.

• 3 weeks later...

Just an update, Ive had a letter, it says if I dont pay within 4 days it will go upto £110, the letter is dated 16th and I got it on 21st.

Ive been back to the car park and read their signs which say 'Blue badge holders only in disabled bays', I am a blue badge holder so I dont understand why they think Ive breached their terms and conditions as the original ticket said 'parked in a disabled bay'.

The latest letter is headed 'Notice to owner'

Ignore or point out their mistake?

Nothing has changed. Of course they know your receipt of the letter will coincide with the fee increase - and 4 days to act is totally unreasonable. ALL is designed to raise your ire and prompt a dialogue which will confirm you're hooked and ripe to be pulled in with morew letters. You were in a disabled bay, you had a badge, and if it ever came to court you could show it to the judge, explaining that you never entered into any contract with the pursuer.

Just an update, Ive had a letter, it says if I dont pay within 4 days it will go upto £110, the letter is dated 16th and I got it on 21st.

Ive been back to the car park and read their signs which say 'Blue badge holders only in disabled bays', I am a blue badge holder so I dont understand why they think Ive breached their terms and conditions as the original ticket said 'parked in a disabled bay'.

The latest letter is headed 'Notice to owner'

Ignore or point out their mistake?

Carry on ignoring. It's just an invoice. They're all over the place with the wording as you've spotted - it's just a [problem].

The charge has to be a genuine pre-estimate of actual loss suffered. They have suffered no loss and the charge is unenforceable.

It will go higher and letters will get scarier with red ink, notices of intended prosecution, do not ignore, will pass to out litigation team etc.etc.etc.

All meaningless twaddle with paper work designed to mimic official council PCN's and to scare the unwary into reaching for their cheque books / credit cards

Ignore and do not write as it only encourages them to send more paper plane material. Parking Eye are well known and do not do court as they already know the outcome

• 2 weeks later...

Ive had another letter and wouldnt bother mentioning it but it says "If this letter is ignored we will have no other option other than to instruct out debt collection agency to secure immediate payment commencing court proceedings if required. Therefore to avoid future and unnecessary action please pay the outstanding parking charge at the final reduced amount for what was a clear contravention of the parking regulations".

Now I havent breached their regulations as they state 'Blue badge holders only in disabled bays' I am a blue badge holder, they never mention displaying it!!!!

Also people on the forum talk about PPCs using the word "may" a lot when talking about court etc. My letter doesnt say that, it seems to imply that they 'will'.

Troll alert !!

Noted !!!

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Take this as a reminder. Pay and display your badge next time.

The signs make no mention of having to display a badge, so what exactly did I do wrong?

They can go and whistle, theyre getting nothing from me, take me to court, lets do it, I'll bring my badge along for the judge.

They havent taken a photo of the car showing that the badge wasnt displayed!

Bring it on.