Urgent Help Needed! - HSBC Filed Claim at Court What do i do??

dominorally
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4594 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Yup, the OP should have not admitted to any amount but hindsight is always 20/20.

I agree the best way to avoid enforcement now is for the OP to try and apply for an instalment order to thwart the Charging Order application.

Andy/Gany,

thanks both for your input and advice. Sorry if it sounded like I wasnt getting it ..... I was - think I was just not wanting to accept the situation especially down to my own mistake. Realise now that i dropped a B''##@ck by inadvertantly admitting the amount.

Will give them a call tomorrow see what I can do. If I can use the CC to negotiate then good ( cant see it though as HSBC have already denied it is a valid claim).

Dom

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No worries. :)

I can't see the Claimant accepting a reduced offer if the have Judgment but if you don't ask you don't get!

If you do decide to apply for instalments you need to do it before the Claimant makes their CO application otherwise it probably wont stop it.

No worries. :)

I can't see the Claimant accepting a reduced offer if the have Judgment but if you don't ask you don't get!

If you do decide to apply for instalments you need to do it before the Claimant makes their CO application otherwise it probably wont stop it.

Had a long conversation with DG solicitors today about the set aside hearing and what My thoughts were about the judgement and how I interpreted it. I also had some negotiating to do ref payment. My options were that I either paid the full amount by installment or after some negotiation I agreed to drop the counterclaim if they would accept 50% of the total. She went off to speak with the client and they have agreed a Lump Sum of 50% of the judgement figure which is £885I just need now to see if i can raise the money!! A hollow victory of sorts as the original claim was for £2800. Thanks again to all your comments and help! Failed on my inexperience & the attitude of the DJ at the set aside hearing which has annoyed me greatly as I know and I think they know that I had a strong case. Dom

Excellent Dom a bit of direct approach can yield wonders.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Well done on your initiative Dom :-)

Just make sure that they set it out in writing for you, specifically stating that it is in Full and Final settlement and neither they or anyone else will pursue you for the balance. It will be marked as partial settlement on your credit file however.

It would help make it more legally binding if a third party makes out the cheque. :wink:

Elsa x