Dentists!!!

lutlass
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5035 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

For many years I have had problems with my teeth despite having gone regularly to a dentist and hygienst. I must have spent thousands of pounds but have regularly had infections that have required antibiotics, sometimes every few months. I recently switched from an NHS dentist to a private one at the same practice. I had a check up a few weeks ago and was told I needed a filling although it was not causing me any pain. This was done but it niggled away and I went on Thursday to be told I had an abscess. Put on antibiotics and told it had to be extracted. The following day another abscess formed on the other side of my mouth and today I have been told that 3 more have to removed (at a cost of £900) and implants will cost £5000. My new dentist told me that a lot of my problems are down to bad dentistry in the past. I asked what recourse I had and she said that the problem would be with finding out who did the work. I am really angry at the amount of money I have spent in the past to dentists who appear to have done a bad job. Does anyone know if there is anything I can do about it.

On two lots of antibiotics now, have a swollen face (again) and looking at having to shell out at least £900 to have the offending teeth removed. Just don't know if I can trust a dentist now!!