style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5038 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

After having to scrap my beloved Renault, I thought I'd try Asda's online shopping service. I concocted the list, placed the order which came to £44.91 (including delivery cost) and then received a confirmation email which listed everything plus prices and total. So far so rolled-back.

The delivery arrived the next day during the 3-5pm delivery slot (4:50pm, but can't really complain). As I was putting it all away, I consulted the invoice and noticed it came to £46.43.

Their T&Cs state:

3.1 Prices on the website are the prices charged in store on that day and as the store prices change, We update the website overnight. They are therefore a guide only. There may be some slight variations by the time We are due to Deliver Your order. When You shop on the Website You will pay the same price (excluding Our online only promotions) that You would pay if You came to Our Store to do Your shopping on the day of Delivery.

The order is confirmed and they send me a email. That is the price I bought the goods.

Imagine if you ordered a TV which maybe on special offer on the Tuesday for £300 and then when they went and fetched it from the warehouse the enxt day, the shop-floor price had gone back up to £400 and when they delivered it they'd charged you the higher price.

Now surely this is against the Sales of Goods Act. Or are they covered by their clause 3.1 as quoted above?

Yep, I noticed they do that, but to be honest they are normally pretty good. Sometimes Ive noticed it works the other way too and it arrives cheaper :)

My shop this week peed me off a little, they couldnt send my occassional tipple, bottle of 4 budweisser, despite it being an offer at payment page to encourage you with that one last purchase, but I got two loaves arrive which they neither listed or charged me for xxx :)

The cheese sarnie on fresh bread was extra enjoyed as a result haha xx

As an asda.com colleague i have dealt with many a call about this.

unfortunatly the way the payment system works, although you pay on the bay you place your order. the final bill isnt actually tallyed and processed till about 15 mins before the vans leave the depo. this is to make sure all subsitutes are ajusted correctly, andy non deliverd items are not charged for.. and believe it or not it all gets scanned through a till the same as it done via a standard checkout.. (although we have one bar code for you entire order in a processes known as suspended transactions)

i know that when i delivered and there was a mis match in price. if was still shown online at the price your orderd ide refund it and let ya have it free of charge.

but each store works differently.. but tbh the customer service number although an 08 no they do tend to refund you the difference in 50% of cases..