Mis-sold Bradford and Bingley mortgage

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4995 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

This is on behalf of my mum and I hope some one can advise us - have tried reading a few of the B & B threads but can't find any from someone in a similar position - I'll try and keep it brief.

About 10 years ago my mum took out a mortgage on the house next door with the intention of renting it out - she already had a mortgage with the Bradford & Bingley so went into the local branch to speak to an advisor. She explained that she wished to let the property and keep her present home as her main home. She was advised to take out a loan for £10,000 and have the remaining £28,000 on a 30 year mortgage - the product recommended was a 6.49% B0f E Tracker10 to 01/02/10. The branch was fully aware that she already had another mortgage as the personal ID verification on the mortgage states she was an existing borrower .

For 10 years she has not missed a payment but last week she had a letter saying the direct debit was no longer valid - we had cancelled some DD's on her bank account just to tidy up her DD list but had left the last one that was taken active - I'm not sure what is going on as the payment was then taken so she is not in arrears. The problem is that in trying to sort out the misunderstanding she mentioned that the property was rented - something she has never hidden from the B & B - the advisor then said she was on a residential mortgage and he would have to report it to his superiors.

Today she received a rather nasty letter saying that she would have to redeem the loan in full and remortgage the property with a buy to let provider and went on to say if she continued to let the property without their consent she would be in breach of contract. My mum is now 65 and retired and did try a few months back to switch this mortgage to a repayment one but was told because of her age that would not be possible - though I am not really sure why she was given a mortgage at 55 that was meant to run till she was 85.

I am going to write to the Customer Service advisor who sent her the letter but I suspect they will deny my mum's version of events - we have some paperwork going back to 2000 but it does not say whether the mortgage was buy to let or residential. My mum is really upset about this as the advisor she spoke to last week implied that she had taken out the mortgage under false pretenses.

Has this happened to anyone else and is there an alternative course of action she can take if they come back denying my mum's version of events.

Hope someone can help.

Thanks

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I am Stuart Hayes, the Business Development Manager at Renaissance.

If you want to talk through this to see if we can help, please give me a call on ........

I have an advisor who would like to help, no charge, we are just interested in your case.

Kind regards

Stuart

Edited by dx100uk
sorry you must contact admin and advise of your membership at cag