Urgent Medical information required. - Possible NHS error

Scouserlad
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5047 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I would like to know if anybody here could help me. My farther is now 67 and been unable to work for over 3 years due to aortic regurgitation. The GP tried he him many different types and strengths of tables to help control this. The GP put him on Perindolpril 2mg taking one per day and after a while the tablets did not seem to work the same, they then put him onto the 4mg tablets which was ok for about 4/5 months. Then they stopped working as well as before they then put him on one 8mg per day after about a month these seem to not have the same affect and my farther was feeling unwell again the GP doubled his dose of the 8mg tablets making it 2x8mg tablets. We have now been advised that the max dose that should be issued of these is to take 8mg dosage a day. This means my Father has been on double the allowed dose for about 18 months. I want to know if this could have done any harm such as kidney etc.

We have asked other medical professionals but can not seem to get a straight answerer about it

Hi scouserlad.......... Not sure on damage but the tablets I am on to control phantom pain have been prescibed way over the normal dosages. They do the job and I am happy that I am not in pain.

You don't mention whether the increased dose actually is working and making your father's condition any better, is it?

have you appraoched the GP to correct the error, what did he say?

Hi

The mistake was only noticed when he was on hospital. He went in for a knee replacement and after he had woken up after the anistic he could not pass any urine, they found out he had an enlarged prostate which they said was causing this. They gave him some antibiotics which did not help. the hospital sent him home with a "super pubic catheter" on. He was discharged on a Tuesday and Friday night he had to be taken back into hospital because of the catheter was not working at all. they fixed it up and sent him home Saturday morning and Sunday teatime was back in hospital again with the same issue. While he was on the "double dose" of the tablets he was always feeling very tired and generally unwell. Since the dose has been revised a few weeks ago he feels a little better but is still on the catheter.