could i sue ?

jack1966
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5064 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

could i sue the NHS for not being given advice that i could claim for disability for my son when he was a child? he is now 21.

he was diagnosed as an "enigma' by psychologists as a child

just wondering :D

In order to successfully sue anyone under tort, you have to be able to prove they were negligent. For negligence to be established, you need to be able to demonstrate successfully that they owed that duty of care, that they breached that duty and as a result of that breach you have suffered, or are likely to suffer injury or loss.

Benefit advise is not within the remit of the NHS; the NHS has no obligation to provide advice or information on benefits or benefit entitlement therefore no duty of care in respect of this was owed.

The answer is, you can raise legal action against just about any individual or organisation. The question is, whether that action would be successful. I don't believe that in this case it would be because although they sometimes do advise people to make claims, and although they place information on their website about benefits, they are not obliged to do so therefore there was no duty to provide advice or information about claiming benefit.

For info: In order to be successful in a disability living allowance claim, a child needs to have care and/or mobility needs which arise from a disability and which are significantly in excess of those needs of their peers.

If your son currently has care and/or mobility needs which arise from a disability, he can make a claim for DLA.

My advice is based on my opinion, my experience and my education. I do not profess to be an expert in any given field. If requested, I will provide a link where possible to relevant legislation or guidance, so that advice provided can be confirmed and I do encourage others to follow those links for their own peace of mind. Sometimes my advice is not what people necesserily want to hear, but I will advise on facts as I know them - although it may not be what a person wants to hear it helps to know where you stand. Advice on the internet should never be a substitute for advice from your own legal professional with full knowledge of your individual case.

Please do not seek, offer or produce advice on a consumer issue via private message; it is against

forum rules to advise via private message, therefore pm's requesting private advice will not receive a response.

(exceptions for prior authorisation)