First Direct does not agree

oops a daisy
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6241 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

PM me the details.

If you found this post useful, please click on the "scales" icon in the bottom left of my post and say so!

The opinions of this post are those of monkey_uk and do not constitute sound legal advice. I am not a lawyer.

--

Halifax Unlawful Bank Charges: S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) Sent 28/02/07 - CC Statement's rcv'd 18/04/07 Bank a/c statements rcv'd 19/04/07

First Direct Unlawful Bank Charges: Settled in Full 12/05/06 | £2235.50

*BUMP*

:D:):D:):smile: :smile:

If you found this post useful, please click on the "scales" icon in the bottom left of my post and say so!

The opinions of this post are those of monkey_uk and do not constitute sound legal advice. I am not a lawyer.

--

Halifax Unlawful Bank Charges: S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) Sent 28/02/07 - CC Statement's rcv'd 18/04/07 Bank a/c statements rcv'd 19/04/07

ha ha ha very subtle Monkey

well I have news :) I have had a letter from D & G Solicitiors making an offer but they have not included the 8% interest so I will be writing back and rejecting the offer. This is similar to Mondeos story so hopefully will get the charges plus interest in a weeks time :)

Yes just keep at them, slowly slowly catch the monkey

(no offence monkey ! :) )

First Direct, £4031 Recovered

Halifax, £953 Recovered

MBNA Credit Card, £120 Recovered

American Express, £160 Recovered

Coming Soon......

Blackpool Council, £190 in unlawful parking tickets

Carstoppers. £50 from the cowboy clampers

Oi!

--

Just a little update. Received notice of acknowledgement today from the court so they have 28 days from 26th April to file a defence. Havent heard anything back from D & G Solicitors though since I rejected their offer.

Expect another offer from D&G in the next few days...

keep us posted, and don't sign a confidentiality agreement unless they pay you your gagging fee (that is my advice to you anyway!)

--

This is sooo funny. I got home tonight to another offer from D & G today for the full amount including interest and court fees - Brilliant I thought. I checked my account online and the money has already gone into my account :D I havent even replied to accept the offer to D & G yet. I am not going to sign the pre printed reply letter as it may tie me down to no more claims against HSBC and I have another account with FD with a couple of charges on that I havent claimed for yet. WOOOOOHOOOOO Im a happy bunny

Thou shalt fear monkey_uk's psychic powers!

Great news!

Don't forget the survey: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/survey.php

--

When they have paid you the money (i.e the cheque has cleared in your account / the bank credit has been done) AND ONLY WHEN YOU HAVE THE MONEY yes, you do.

I *think* if you log into moneyclaim you can do it from there.

Lemme know if you have any further trouble.

Have you noticed the donate button near the top of the page by the way.

Oh, btw; I can smell someone near me having a BBQ and it smells gorgeous, GITS!

--

lol thats the funny thing - they have paid me before I have actually accepted it :D

I actually did my claim direct with the court so will I have to call in and cancel it ?

can you still do a donation by amazon voucher ? I seem to remember reading about it somewhere on here but cant find it

See http://www.hmcourts-service.gov.uk/onlineservices/mcol/userguide/claimant/paying.htm

The amazon appeal is closed, but you can donate via paypal, scroll up, just above where it says on the right "welcome oops-a-daisy", and its in the middle, above that bit "MAKE A DONATION"

--

Went to the court today and cancelled my claim against First Direct and I have made a donation to this site too via Paypal :D

So thats it for that account - might get started on my other account with FD - only a couple of charges on there though so hopefully wont have to go as far as court next time and they may remember me and just pay up :o

I got another letter today from D & G - asking me to sign their letter of acceptance which includes the gagging agreement. I actually wrote a letter to them last week accepting the compensation ( obviously I did not include the gagging agreement ). As far as I am concerned - the bank have paid up, I have cancelled the court claim and I have written to accept the arrangement. I dont see how they can make me sign their letter when everything has already gone through. It is a bit late now to ask me to keep my mouth shut :D - perhaps if they were going to be pedantic about it they shouldnt have paid me out before I accepted. Im not even going to bother replying to it - as far as I am concerned the matter is finished. They paid - I accepted - end of.

• 11 months later...

an absolutely shameless bump to my thread from a year ago :D

just a little up date. I am currently helping a friend claim £3800 back from Halifax and I was interviewed for a womens magazine last week about reclaiming bank charges. The magazine will not be out for another few weeks but I will let you all know when it is.

I have also reclaimed mis selling on my endowment, overcharge on mortgage exit fees and am currently reclaiming an overpay on my council tax because I was in an incorrect banding.

Good luck with your claims

ps - mentioned this site and moneysavingexpert in my interview :D

nice one oops a daisy! Funnily enough, I'm just in the process of claiming from HBOS at the moment, see sig for link, if my sig actually shows up, which I doubt :mad::evil::mad::evil:

--

• 11 years later...

This topic was closed on 03/07/19.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6241 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks