Link Financial - Used £1 fee against balance, but then corrected

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5068 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have a debt for a Barclaycard which was assigned to Link Financial in 2002.

Unfortunately I acknowledged the debt in 2008 but I've never made any payments.

In May this year I decided to see if it's enforceable so sent off a CCA request.

They replied saying that they didn't keep these documents and have requested a copy from Barclaycard but that this can take up to 30 days.

I wrote to them again on 1st July asking them for a progress update, they just replied saying it's taking longer than originally anticipated to retrieve them.

Anyway, I've now received a "Statement of Account" and what concerns me is they appear to have paid my £1 fee against the balance, but then adjusted it back again.

Obviously I do not want anything to give the impression I've paid something towards this debt at this stage.

Is it sufficient that they've corrected it like this or should I query it with them? (not sure what to write though)

I've attached a scan of the statement here:-

http://i959.photobucket.com/albums/ae80/darkrain10/scan0001.jpg

Also, any ideas how good Barclaycard are at keeping agreements? I think I had the card around 1990/91.

Thanks,

DarkRain

Doesn't sound like the misapplied payment is anything to worry about. Make sure you keep a copy of all the letters so that if they did try to be funny you can use them as evidence.

No idea whether Barclays would have an agreement going back that far- I suspect not. If Link are outside the 12 + 2 days, send them the account in dispute letter.

Was there a clear 6 year period when no payments or acknowledgement of the debt in writing.

You say it was assigned in 2002 what acknowledgement did you make in 2008, was there a 6 year gap.

I have no legal training, any knowledge I have has come from this forum, and my own experiences. Always balance up any advice you get with your own common sense.

Was there a clear 6 year period when no payments or acknowledgement of the debt in writing.

You say it was assigned in 2002 what acknowledgement did you make in 2008, was there a 6 year gap.

Unfortunately I used to reply occasionally to their letters explaining I was still out of work and couldn't make any payments. So there wasn't ever a 6 year gap. I think the last such letter was at the beginning of 2008.

So at the moment I'm just trying to establish if it's enforceable.

I have no legal training, any knowledge I have has come from this forum, and my own experiences. Always balance up any advice you get with your own common sense.

Do you know if it's actually important I send that letter at this point?

They're not ringing or writing other letters demanding payment, nor is there anything on my credit file as it dropped off after 6 years.

So all I was thinking of doing now was waiting and seeing if they ever come back to me with a CCA.