sleepright promises and lies

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4924 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

we ordered 2 beds and mattresses from sleepright for £1500 on the 1st july and asked what delivery times were.

We were told 10 to 14 days which was fine as we had to be out of our house that was rented and into our new house by the 30th july.

No problem we were told plenty of time..Well it is now 1st aug and we have been lied too promised the earth but still no beds ..We got a phone call yesterday telling us it will be another 10 days..

I AM SO ANGRY as we are now in our new house sleeping on airbeds due to these fools .Twice we have been telephoned by the store to phone up the warehouse to arrange delivery only to be told that the beds were not even at the warehouse.

Why cant these people be straight with you and say look we can not deliver by that date and we would of gone else ware but no they want your money then treat you like a idiot.

This is the first time i have ever used them and the last as they have treated me as some monkey who had some money to take..never again.

we ordered 2k worth of carpets from carpet right and they delivered no problems and it was a breeze but when it comes to beds it looks like they cannot deliver the goods or customer service.....

i will be chasing them tomorrow and then we will find out if they really care about customer service.....

You left the order to the last minute which is not a good idea anything can go wrong from what you are experiencing or the beds could have been faulty. When ordering things like beds allow for some margin of error. Chalk this one up to experience.

Also rereading the post I can't see the sales person would have intentionally lied to you they would most likely have checked there computer or called a different department to say it would be 10 days. I think you may be blowing the treating you like an idiot out of proportion. Would recommend shopping around see if there is some other company with a better deal and take your money else where if they have annoyed you that much :)

You left the order to the last minute which is not a good idea anything can go wrong from what you are experiencing or the beds could have been faulty. When ordering things like beds allow for some margin of error. Chalk this one up to experience.

Also rereading the post I can't see the sales person would have intentionally lied to you they would most likely have checked there computer or called a different department to say it would be 10 days. I think you may be blowing the treating you like an idiot out of proportion. Would recommend shopping around see if there is some other company with a better deal and take your money else where if they have annoyed you that much :)

what a load of crap..we never left it till last minute we had four weeks where we had room they still decided to take our money when fulfilling the order was not possible..what company does that and stays in business.it is now 12pm and i have just phoned them and they as of the minute of telephoning them still not opened my complaint to read..

i would also recommend shopping around in future and to also take your magic ball with you as then you can look in to the future and see that your order will not happen when people promise you it will,

This order had one months time space to get the order in place and i was promised as i explained what would happen if they could not fulfil the order...yes twice i have been told the order is ready in the warehouse and just phone up to arrange delivery when no such thing was possible due to the goods not being there..

• 2 months later...

AtlantisZPM, I am curious what your connection is with sleepright as your response appears to ignore the obvious points made by geoffthechef. I too purchased a bed from sleepright, part of the reason I chose this particular bed was because it was "in stock" so would be delivered in 7 to 10 days. So taking 19 days proved inconvenient but liveable.

Point number 1 is lying about the expected delivery is a sales trick being intentionally used to deceive customers.

My sleepright receipt is sat in front of me while I am typing as I stumbled across this item (not the first, there are many like it) when I was looking for an email address to direct a complaint. I am assuming that, as the delivery arrangement are missed off the receipt and the small print on the back blames the delivery contractors even before the order had been placed, the sales person must know they are lying.

Point number 2 is this lying appears to be company policy, the inconvenience it causes is irrelevent to them (and it seems to you)

There are several other points I would like to make but I still have an email address to find.

Before I go a bit of advice to geoffthechef, when you finally do get your beds check them yourself, and check them again, then again. Do not except faulty beds no matter how minor the fault is or you might reach what I am dealing with now. waiting for them to fix or replace and anyone I talk to is under the impression they are doing me a favour.

Good luck

• 1 month later...

Hi, I think your the lucky one. I ordered my bed 18 months ago. They delivered it in time but it had a big mark on it which was very visible. I called up sleepright and told them that I wont keep the bed but they asked me to just keep it and I will have a replacement with in four weeks. these four weeks have never come. Recently I told them that either they sort it out or I will persue legal action. So the manager of the store dealt with it but offered me a replacement of a bed which was a lower quality, different design and different colour. Thats when I thought enough is enough. So I asked for the samples and I stated that its a better deal for me to go to court. The manager in the end asked for photo's of my bed but I'm assuming that anyone can understand the outcome. So my advise is beware- these guys are cheats. Also the quality is pretty rubbish.