When an account is sold by original company to a DCA

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5058 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

When an original company sells an outstanding debt to a DCA do they send all the paperwork too, i.e copies of what has passed between them and you, letters, Default Notices, Copies of Agreement and T&C etc? I know in my recent correspondence with Crapot they implied they went back to the original company before attempting to make up a reconstructed copy of my agreement. How long would the original company keep all the old paperwork for, or do they keep it at all?

Anybody have any idea?

From what I know from reading various threads on CAG over the years, it seems they get computer file. For each account they have the following info.

Name, Address, Phone number, amount of debt, account number, default date, date of birth, and who the original creditor is, and when the last payment was made/default date.

If they need to know anything else, ie CCA request, etc, then they have to go to the original creditor for the information. I have also heard that they have to pay an admin charge for the info. How true that bit is, I don't know for sure. But knowing the banks, CC companies, I wouldn't be surprised if they did charge for it. After all they are happy to make their "customers" pay £3 for a copy of a monthly statement.

These are video links to show how I deal with Debt Collectors.

Fly fishing for C.A.R.S

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=zPtzK8FqE6k&feature=related

Frederickson International don't accept my card type

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=eiZBULlWW6Q&feature=related