Private Parking Ticket - Hospital Delay

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5064 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I was recently parked in a hospital car park (which is, disgustingly, pay and display).

I paid for 2 hours' worth as I was only going in to pick up some medication. It's not like I wanted to hang around. Anyway, I waited to get the prescription, when the doctor hauled me in for an examination, then got a 2nd opinion from the Senior Doctor, who then referred it up to the Head Consultant Surgeon for a 3rd opinion!

I am glad they did now, except for the fact I overstayed my 2 hours and got a ticket from 'Total Parking Solutions'. I would not normally do a 'sob story' and have previously successfully challenged a Council PCN at the Tribunal on much more objective grounds. But this seems very unfair!

My current thinking was to pay then the extra £2 (their actual loss), via the website. Then any delays by them may be barred by the Stuart v Stour Valley concept.

I was going to follow this with the 'sob' letter, although I imagine it will go on deaf ears. ANY help anyone has would be great, as I have never dealt with a Private Parking Company before, although I have been involved in other litigation.

Thanks.

toilet paper ignore

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Guest Mrs Hobbit

Go to PALS at the hospital, or they may even have a parking manager, most hospitals do, they issue the parking ID's for staff and the like, let them know what has happened and this could all be nipped in the bud.

Good luck

I will be interested to read how this goes.

I have a PCN following a similar incident after a hospital visit. I am not intending to hijack this thread I have already posted separately - in my case the car reg number is wrong on the PCN so that should be sufficent reason not to pay it.

What I wanted to say is that I think hospital car parks and nearby streets must be really lucritive for Councils and Private companies - with hospital appointments overrunning etc, also if you are having to discuss health issues or visiting an ill person, then parking is the last thing on your mind and you can easily forget what time your ticket expires. I think they are taking advantage of people who are in difficult situations and it makes me so cross. The parking wardens around our hospital are like vultures, they hang around just waiting for the parking tickets to expire, must be a pot of gold for them.

Sorry I don't have any specific advice, I just wanted to say good luck!