Default despite agreeing monthly payment

Red smartie
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5066 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I have an agreement with MBNA that they will accept a token payment of £7 per month for the next 6 months. However, despite them agreeing to accept this payment (in writing) and me always making that payment on time they have written to say that they will default me. Can they do this when we have a written agreement and I am keeping to my side of the baragain?:confused: What can I do about this? I have sent them a access request, recorded delivery, but they have ignored this.

they are entitled to assess the agreement on a regular basis and may ask for an Income/expenditure....the default letter is a bit harsh when an arangement is in place.Not sure where to take this one MAYBE advice from someone else might help!!!

As for the SAR....If payment was made(£10.00)then they can't ignore it.They must comply within the 40 days or they are committing an offence.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Same thing happened to me I agreed with MBNA to pay £40 a month as I missed 2 payments when I called to pay a little more they said the debt has been passed to an agency and a default on my file.

Have you had any help?