E-Cig

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3671 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have been smoking 35 cigs a day now for the past 30 years. I have tried everything to stop or cut down with no success.

So yesterday i was introduced to the E-cig and have not had a real cig in 27 hours.

People are saying that i am a vaper now.

Alot of people disagree with them, but i have had my first day without one cig, and i don't want one either.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I have been using ecigs for 2 years now, having successfully stopped smoking after only 3 weeks of using one. Yes you are swopping one habit for another, but one that does not contain almost 4000 harmful chemicals.

I dont know the company you mention, but there are lots of good UK based suppliers out there.

I am a member of UKVapers which is a good small forum especially for UK vapers or e-smokers, feel free to pop in and learn more about them. A simple google search should find them for you, sorry I cant post links yet..

Electronic cigarettes work by using cartridges or various other ways, containing eliquid, which contains Propylene Glycol (PG) or Glycerin(VG) to which a controlled amount of nicotine is added along with a flavouring. This then drips onto an atomiser, which heats it by using a battery. Vapour is then produced. simple?...

They do work, and as you can adjust the nicotine, you can gradually decrease the amount used, and be a non smoker of any kind, or you can continue to use your ecig, the choice is yours..

Good Luck

• 2 weeks later...

I absolutely agree with everything Christena has said here. I have been vaping for a year and four months and not had one real cigarette in all that time. I smoked for 42 years and tried every possible smokestop gizmo out there, even champix and the smokestop nurse. My health has improved tremendously and I do not miss cigarettes at all, in fact I prefer vaping to smoking. UKVapers is the site to use, they will all help newbies there.

• 3 years later...

Technically you havent stopped smoking as you are still needing the same nicotine. Whats happened is you stopped smoking the bad kind that affects you and others around you.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Any study about long term effect of e-cigs?

Would be a shame if in a few years we all come back to this forum for advice on how to sue the producers of e-cigs for giving us some nasty disease.

After all asbestos was once the material of the century.

As far as I've found the only studies seem to be from ecig manufacturers or government subsidised bodies, either way they are entirely biased, some independent research would be welcomed by vapers worldwide.

I totally agree that the long term effects have yet to be shown as this is new technology, however from personal experience I have not touched a cigarette in 8 months after 30 years of smoking & have never felt better. Yes I am still addicted to nicotine, but as a substance on its own & in the quantities in eliquid, appears to be relatively harmless. I would always buy from a UK supplier or make your own liquid as that way you know exactly what's in it

Well here I am 3 years later, still using my ecigs and enjoying it.

Lots of research out there now, there is a list of some of them on this page http://forum.vapourtrails.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=30

I hope this info is of assistance to you all, any questions please join us on our facebook account, VapourTrails.tv or our website, same name..

Well here I am 3 years later, still using my ecigs and enjoying it.

Lots of research out there now, there is a list of some of them on this page http://forum.vapourtrails.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=30

I hope this info is of assistance to you all, any questions please join us on our facebook account, VapourTrails.tv or our website, same name..

Truly indipendent research, not.

Very similar to the one done by Eternit in the early 60s.

I hope these e-cigs are really harmless, otherwise I would have just wasted the chance to enjoy real tobacco.

Yes, I much prefer tobacco to these e-cigs, but apparently the former will kill us all