Mature learner childcare grant issues !!!

Chesters1981
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5060 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there I'm looking for a bit of advice. I've enrolled on a full time access to nursing course with my local college my problem is that we are a low income family and the learner support childcare grant available to families aged 20 or over has been put on hold by the government in the budget. I'm personally really annoyed as they havnt put it on hold for the under 20's and it seems like I am being punished for waiting to have a child. The learner support helpline are useless as is the college as thier discretionary funding has been stopped too. Does anybody know what's going on with this as I'm supposed to start in September and need to find some childcare funding or I may have to quit my course ???

Oh god!! can't believe they've pulled it - i wouldn't have been able to have done the course without it. Does the college offer any childcare help - i used to get 90% before the other scheme was introduced. I know any funding from student support is on a first come first serve basis (well it was at mine anyway) - and there was a limited amount of money in the pot.

What pathway were you doing or was it just a general access to HE? Could you do A levels in the evening instead? or OU courses?